My office for the last 3 days.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Hermitt, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

We are literally moving snow by the truckloads!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Be careful out there Herm!

3. Hansj3

Hansj3 Supporting Member

Man I wish we could get half that much over here. Its been dry the last decade. People are selling sleads cheapish and picking up quads

4. Hermitt

The Tamarack ski resort got over 100 inches of snow in December. That is like a whole seasons worth in just one month!

5. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    Man I'm jealous! Most years by now we've had several snows and several inches if not feet. This winter only 2 dustings....hell I ate Christmas dinner with the windows open! Crazy weather...

6. histed

histed Supporting Member

I, otoh, am lovin' it. Already 1/2 way through the school year and not even a 2 hour delay. No snow in sight at least til the end of the month, and lookin' good for a MAY end to this one. 3 more and I am RETIRED.

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Easy winter here, haven't even started the snowblower!

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    MOLE is retiring in 3 years too! :D 4/1/19 ;) (April 1st, 2019 RACH!)

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You mean 190401

10. duster066

duster066 Supporting Member

Beautiful office you have there. My son got married in Vegas in July. Me and the ol lady drove so we could spend a few days in Mtn. Home on the trip back. Damn I miss that place. Saw some old Air Force friends, hit all our favorite spots, and I got super home sick. I don't think there is a better place in the world.

11. I'm sure loving this easy winter in the east.
    I was worried about buying propane after dumping my heating money into a chimney and woof furnace. Not now, may even have wood left over for next year. :)

12. histed

histed Supporting Member

"Woof" furnace?? It burns dogs?? Ain't that illegal or sumpin'??:rofl:

13. This weekend we may get an accumulation. They say 1-3" range. 1st snow fall of the year. I am fine with it but my skier friend is going nuts not getting out.

My snow plow service will make out this year. But, it's still early.

14. Totally illegal. But it keeps me warm and frees up the local shelter ;-)

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    We haven't had much snow, but it's been pretty cold. Not getting over 32 for the least week plus, and getting down to -12 one night.

Not Minnesota cold, but not warm, either. One of the aides at our school had underground pipes freeze in the place they rented, the owner fixed that, then, despite running a faucet at night, pipes under the mobile home froze too, broke one, and created a skating rink and ice sculpture off the side of the skirting...:rolleyes:

16. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Here in New Mexico we are having more moisture and snow accumulation than we have seen in a long time! We got about 3 to 5 inches here in Albuquerque the other day, and just up into the canyon they have had about 10 to 15. It should be a great year for run off and the fishing should be real good come springtime!

17. undeRGRound

INDY
    NO, mister
    Ack-Bass-Wards :D

Don't Worry BULLDog, Mole will Save You! :eek:

18. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I was surprised we got as much snow as we did yesterday. It was 50 degrees Thursday afternoon. They called for "a dusting" of snow friday afternoon, but it didn't stop snowing until about 3 this morning. Only picked up a few inches but apparently the people of SE CO aren't familiar with winter driving tactics.

Watched this young punk who lives down the road damn near roll his truck in to the ditch near the intersection while trying to turn right from a dead stop at the end of the road. He kept trying to romp on it and the only progress he could manage was sideways right up until he slid on to the soft shoulder and caught the rut.

He's got this jacked up F-350 with all sorts of chrome and bling and KC lights on a brush guard and a huge 4ft wide LED lightbar headlight thing on top of the cab. Knobby tires, lift kit, etc. He rips up and down the street belching out that black smoke for fun, his dogs don't stay in the fence and chase cars. Young kid, lives with mom, doesn't work, got the money when his grandparents died. Real winner.

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    More DollarZ than SENSE, you say? ;)

20. Hermitt

We had our 'sub-zero' week about 2 weeks ago..... minus 21F going to work at 7am and still minus 19F at 5pm coming home! Never got above zero for several days.

I need to pick up one of those electric heaters that attach with magnets so I can stick it on my oil pan.