Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,017 Posts
It may have been deleted, that sometimes happens.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
It may have been moved to the area only accessible to Premium members that pay for access.
There are other ways to get access. Write an article, or be a vet. The article is the easy way....😜

Yep, just looked....Was it the one about SCOTUS and the stay in Mexico thing? It’s now in the Dark Room, so you’d have to become a “Premium member” to access it. The politics pushed it in there.

·
Super Moderator
28,536 Posts
I assume you're referring to the Illegal Immigration/Boarder Wall thread you started. That is currently in the Dark Rooms forums in the Politics & Religion sub-forum. This sub-forum is reserved for non-2A politics and religious threads. They're known to get a bit heated and so are specifically non-public facing. Access to these forums requires a Premium Membership. Currently Premium Memberships are available as an upgrade at a comparatively small fee. This is an Evil Overlords thing mostly now.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,017 Posts
I assume you're referring to the Illegal Immigration/Boarder Wall thread you started. That is currently in the Dark Rooms forums in the Politics & Religion sub-forum. This sub-forum is reserved for non-2A politics and religious threads. They're known to get a bit heated and so are specifically non-public facing. Access to these forums requires a Premium Membership. Currently Premium Memberships are available as an upgrade at a comparatively small fee. This is an Evil Overlords thing mostly now.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Oh, lol, I even commented on that without looking at who posted it or where it was.
I assumed she was the one who posted "what are some knife skills" and was talking about that lol

Miss a little, miss a lot I guess! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Premium membership ? Thanks but I think I'll pass.

Must be where the good conversations are because the rest of this site is dead as a doornail and boring.

I can't believe they get people to pay to enter into conversations with the 4 people that ever post on here.

Thanks for that information.

·
Super Moderator
28,536 Posts
Premium membership ? Thanks but I think I'll pass.

Must be where the good conversations are because the rest of this site is dead as a doornail and boring.

I can't believe they get people to pay to enter into conversations with the 4 people that ever post on here.

Thanks for that information.
The Dark Rooms is there so that we can have these conversations. Otherwise, they'd get deleted. The Evil Overlords have some specific ideas about what is allowed where the general public gets to read it and what doesn't. Basically PG13. Because Politics & Religion tends to go south so quickly and easily, we have a Dark Rooms where we can talk about these things. But because it's not publicly available, that means it's behind a wall. In this case, the EO have decided it's a PayWall.

That's the way it works, not just here but in a lot of places.

If you're not willing to accept that limitation then, my guess is...

Plant Food Fruit Biome Fawn

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the explanation but there is not even any way to preview the activity to see if it is worth paying for access. And from the activity of the rest of this forum, I'm going to guess that the paywall forums are not terribly exciting either.

So thanks but I'm gonna pass.....

and I have no clue as to what the picture is suggesting or if it has a meaning....

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Thanks for the explanation but there is not even any way to preview the activity to see if it is worth paying for access. And from the activity of the rest of this forum, I'm going to guess that the paywall forums are not terribly exciting either.

So thanks but I'm gonna pass.....

and I have no clue as to what the picture is suggesting or if it has a meaning....
It's a reference to one of Aesop's Fables where when a fox discovers that it can't reach the grapes it wants to eat, it declares them as undesirable without ever knowing one way or the other instead of putting in the work to reach them.

We have tried to get around the pay wall by adding in a free giveaway. Writing an article, being a 1st Responder, and/or being a Veteran. Corrections Officers are included in that as well.

However with the newest software update they promised us the moon, but instead gave us a photocopy of a Polaroid with how badly they hamstrung us.

If you have the time to write an article, the system will automatically upgrade you to premium status for free though.

Reactions: lklawson

·
Registered
194 Posts
amberloo,
for the time it took for you to ask for help wid the meaning of fox & grapes, you could have Googled it your self....
and LEARNED on your own...Like the man said...like the way this forum is...and IS RUN...or make yourself less of a
bother to US and find youself a baby-sitting service...thats where you belong...

REDD

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
amberloo,
for the time it took for you to ask for help wid the meaning of fox & grapes, you could have Googled it your self....
and LEARNED on your own...Like the man said...like the way this forum is...and IS RUN...or make yourself less of a
bother to US and find youself a baby-sitting service...thats where you belong...

REDD
I love when the self appointed monitors like you come on and tell the rest of us how you think things are. Go bother someone that gives a shit what you think.

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,017 Posts
I love when the self appointed monitors like you come on and tell the rest of us how you think things are. Go bother someone that gives a shit what you think.
Well, she fits in.

Amberloo, there's definitely a lull lately, but this forum is usually cooking. And everyone is a smart ass. If you've got a good sense of humor and thick skin, give it a chance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, she fits in.

Amberloo, there's definitely a lull lately, but this forum is usually cooking. And everyone is a smart ass. If you've got a good sense of humor and thick skin, give it a chance.
I have both....can't you tell ?

I'll be hanging around some and more than willing to give it a chance. Just not real big on big mouths who like to tell others they don't even know what they should do. But, it's OK, I can usually tell who is worth paying attention to.

Thanks for your input !

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
@amberloo - the easiest way to get access to the entire forum is to write an article. It doesn't need to be Hi Point specific. greg_r writes about various calibers he enjoys, I've done a couple on lever action rifles as fighting tools and single shot shotguns, reloading, casting bullets - even did one on last minute Christmas shopping. Kirk did a whole series on defining gun specific terms. You're here, so you must be interested in firearms. I know you're interested in politics. Pick something you like and write 800 (more or less) words. Most of us enjoy the articles - especially the odd topics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@amberloo - the easiest way to get access to the entire forum is to write an article. It doesn't need to be Hi Point specific. greg_r writes about various calibers he enjoys, I've done a couple on lever action rifles as fighting tools and single shot shotguns, reloading, casting bullets - even did one on last minute Christmas shopping. Kirk did a whole series on defining gun specific terms. You're here, so you must be interested in firearms. I know you're interested in politics. Pick something you like and write 800 (more or less) words. Most of us enjoy the articles - especially the odd topics.
Thanks for your comments sit. I appreciate your input. I'll consider it.

How do I get access if I'm a veteran ?

·
Administrator
24,790 Posts
Thanks for your comments sit. I appreciate your input. I'll consider it.

How do I get access if I'm a veteran ?
You don't. Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, they've removed my ability to manage in-house membership upgrades. The only way to become a premium member now is to pay or write an article.

·
Premium Member
8,203 Posts
Well, she fits in.

Lack of ammo... people aren't getting tot he range as much so they are not talking about gun stuff as often!

Dark rooms are where the fun is!

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Since the last change participation has taken a downhill slide. My observation, may not be based in fact.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts