Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a good day. I had another AR parts kit show up today as well as my STEN parts kit.

This thread will document my build from a STEN mk3 parts kit to functional, and legal, semi-auto carbine.

Though it isn't really C&R, it is a gun that would be C&R if it were complete and had been registered before they were banned.

The finished result should look something like this with the fake (BATF approved) suppressor.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that what they call a grease gun?
Grease guns were American, and from the link Krippp posted, you can see why they were call grease guns.

The STEN was a British sub-machine gun.

Here is the kit that I picked up from gentleman on the prexis forums

(I didn't include all of the small parts or extra mags in the pic)

I have to order the SAS kit at some point this week. While I wait for that to show up I will start demilling the parts kit.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you don't mind sharing, how much will total cost end up being.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the last time i saw an ATF conversion approval letter the conversion included machine a slot inteh bolt assy and welding a rial inside the reciver tube to prevent FA parts form being installed.

SW
Hi Guys, I have build several semi auto stens and they were not difficult. Obviously you can't build anything that can accept a full auto bolt. You also have to use so many US made parts to be 922r compliant. We have kits available that have drop in semi auto bolts that are slightly smaller than the full auto bolt. We also have tubes that are slightly small than the original reciever to match our bolts. These kits don't require modifying the trigger group or lower reciever and are approved by the ATF. I'm always available to help with builds. www.indianapolisordnance.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts