My Son's Got the Measles!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Flyboy, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Well, a very weak form of it. :p
    He got his MMR vaccine last week, and I guess one of the side-effects of it for some babies is they basically get a non-contagious form of it; all the symptoms, none of the contagiousness. Lately he's only been sleeping for half an hour at a time, runny nose, fever, vomiting, bubbleguts, not wanting to eat, you name it. Since he was basically attached to Mom's boob all day, we figured he was fighting a cold or stomach bug. Then today we noticed a bunch of red dots popping up everywhere on his body. My first assumption was chickenpox. Like, "Well, at least he's getting it out of the way early," but nope, little bugger's got a bit of a reaction to the shot, so now we wait.

But it hasn't stopped him from practicing his parallel parking.

Attached Files:

2. Fracman

Fracman Member

That is a great car. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Do you see what I did there. #dadjokesarefunny

3. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :D
    That one is 100% American Boy!
    Born Car Nut :D :rofl:

4. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    100% American boy in a 100% European car.:p

Measles...wow.

5. Branth

Branth Member

Well, the good news is that the virus in the vaccine is inert, so while his body is reacting to the virus, it can't reproduce, so it shouldn't last too long.

6. He was already acting better today. Still got some of the spots, but otherwise sleeping a ton more and not as fussy. Kid did an action roll down a pillow into the side of his rocking horse without so much as a peep. That's why I call him Thumper. :p

7. 50% American, actually. 50% Bulgarian. If you listen to his passports, that is. If you listen to his birth certificates, he's 33.333% American, 33.333% Bulgarian, and 33.333% British. And .001% Screw You Math.
    And Chinese car, bought at the BX website from the U.S.
    So kind of all around. :p

8. Ummmm, back to the attached to mom's boob thing. .. I believe forum policy is. .....
    Pics or it didn't happen! !!

I know, I know. ..

I'm a pig. ..

But I'm OK with that!

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Might take back that comment about you noticing the "open chamber" :D

10. Kid already rolled it past 10,000 and had to change the oil.

Attached Files:

11. DEDUBE

DEDUBE Si vis pacem para bellum Member

Years ago in a galaxy far far away I had both my boys and my wife all down with the measles at the same time. I had them as a kid.

12. He's beautiful and I hope he recovers quickly

13. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

Yep, not unusual. So did I. Years before I got them the day Kennedy was shot. We were already on full alert and there was no one to take me to isolation at the Base Hospital that night. Freezing rain storm and I had to walk 6 miles in it. Had pneumonia the next day on top of measles. :(