Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a 995 at one time, but got a deal on this G22 variant of the SUB 2000. I painted the stock coyote tan with Aluma Hyde II, but it didn't turn out so well (could scrape the paint off with a finger nail and did not live up to claim of resistant to solvents), so I stripped it off and dyed it back to black.



Blue Force Gear front sight
Guide Gear Tac Light
hogue grip
6" picatinny rail
Kel Tec sling (to be upgraded later)
unknown brand folding grip
Tacticool Products bolt tube cover, operating handle cover, buffer cylinder
Kel Tec Buttplate extender
Will add a tritium front sight post or laser in the future

With coyote tan paint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,755 Posts
That Alumahyde II takes 3 months of dry weather to properly cure... it seems. That is one sweet KT, takes glock 22 mags eh? I like!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That Alumahyde II takes 3 months of dry weather to properly cure... it seems. That is one sweet KT, takes glock 22 mags eh? I like!
I asked Brownell's what the problem might be and if it needed to cure longer than two weeks. They said that it was the plastic that wouldn't let it adhere, not the curing time. If I ever decide to try again, I'll just duracoat it. But I've grown accustomed to the classic black now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
I asked Brownell's what the problem might be and if it needed to cure longer than two weeks. They said that it was the plastic that wouldn't let it adhere, not the curing time. If I ever decide to try again, I'll just duracoat it. But I've grown accustomed to the classic black now.
one way i've had alot of success with is using Krylon's Camo series of paints and following it up a week later with a good flat clearcoat. has worked very well on all my plastic guns that i've used it on
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,493 Posts
I asked Brownell's what the problem might be and if it needed to cure longer than two weeks. They said that it was the plastic that wouldn't let it adhere, not the curing time. If I ever decide to try again, I'll just duracoat it. But I've grown accustomed to the classic black now.
one way i've had alot of success with is using Krylon's Camo series of paints and following it up a week later with a good flat clearcoat. has worked very well on all my plastic guns that i've used it on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I asked Brownell's what the problem might be and if it needed to cure longer than two weeks. They said that it was the plastic that wouldn't let it adhere, not the curing time. If I ever decide to try again, I'll just duracoat it. But I've grown accustomed to the classic black now.
one way i've had alot of success with is using Krylon's Camo series of paints and following it up a week later with a good flat clearcoat. has worked very well on all my plastic guns that i've used it on
I was leaning toward that too, but I read that it didn't hold up to solvents that well and the S2Ks get real dirty. The best way to clean them I found was to use Gun Scrubber synthetic safe solvent. I don't know if the Fusion or Rustoleum paints would hold up to a lot of this type of cleaning.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
I too like the black look.

I really like the fact that the kel-tec folds.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top