Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got me a 995 and after shooting a few times...it wasnt tactical enough me me lol. so i a little cutting up and with a few spare parts around the house this is what i came up with. let me know what ya think ...good or bad. i got a weaver mount light on the way. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
nice

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Nice! What kind of tri-rail set up is that? what gun was it origanally made for?
+1 on that.

I've never been a fan of the ATI, and photos of the proposed new stock are interesting, but not overwhelming. THIS is one of the most exciting looks since Bushman's quad-rail, which never reached the public. Tell us more!

·
Registered
75 Posts
LOVE IT! How about a walk thru? :D

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
It looks horrible :-[ just kidding....it did look better on my 995 that night in my kitchen when we were trying to figure out how to get to fit to a 995.....I was scared to hack on mine, but glad you took the plunge and cut up a gun you had never even fired yet! :D looks good and for the guy wanting a walk through I can personally tell you step one: stop at walmart and get a 6 pack of your favorite beer and pack of sawzall blades!

better link also: http://www.opticsplanet.net/leapers-utg-22-commando-tactical-quad-rail-system-mnt-hg228.html

·
Registered
75 Posts
I shall definitely keep that first step in mind! Looks like it shouldn't be too hard....just need the benfit of his experience.

·
Registered
75 Posts
How did you attach it to the stock? The pics are great but I really can't see how it was mounted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
had to cut about 1 1/2 to 2 inches off the front of the stock for the front of the rail to go around.the rail attaches in the front with two screws kinda hard to see, and one on each side. also the rear of the rail i cut off to use as a scope mount. once u make the first cut and realize theres no going back its not so bad lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm glad I am not the only one who thought of putting a tac. rail system on one of these things. The only difference is I get to cheat. I work for a CNC shop that makes this kind of thing all day. So once I sweet talk my boss into letting me get my evil hands on a rail blank, I will see what I can do with it. Maybe he'll like it enough to produce them and sell them on the market. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe Im not cool enough to understand. Why would you want all the rails on there? I can see rails that get used but seams you have them just to have them? Im not trying to insult ya or anything I just dont get it. How many gadgets does a gun really need?

·
Registered
64 Posts
original_blazer, it's called tacticool. It's part of the Hi-Point addiction. :yes: It affects all Hi-Point owners to some degree. All those rails may not be needed, but it opens up countless opportunities to try different accessories and different configurations and it looks cool. :cool2: You don't buy a $600 (that's $800 Obama dollars :wideeyed2:) carbine to customize unless your rich. You buy a well made, reliable and inexpensive Hi-Point! ;) This lets the average guy customize thier gun thier way. its the only way some of us will ever have to own a gun customized to our own design by our own hands. A lot of guns you see on this forum will have stuff that is not needed but IS wanted by the owner, and thats what matters. BTW I have ordered my rail system, but I might mount it differently. I will see when it arrives and I look it over. A Shout out to bigopie1. Imitation it the highest form of flattery. Hope my 995 turns out looking as good as yours! :yay!:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.