Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow cheapo owners :angel: 400+ and still no jammies :devilsidesmile: guys at the range stare at me with their hi dollar toys jamming and my groups at 25yrds tight 6" or better 40 jcp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amen brother :devilsidesmile: i mean you should have heard the comments before i partaked in clip,after clip of boomin and no issues
then the guy next to me says " what in the hell is that a cordless drill is buddies laught at a obnoxtiously loud level and then his 1000 dollar kimber kept jamming
i kept booming they stopped laughing and started to jeer i said put your money where you mouth is and after to more clips the shut up. the range officer came up to me andsaid when it comes down to it i want you on my side and showed me his .380 hipoint :D :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
166 Posts
a freind of mine just sent his kimber back to the factory because it was shooting 6 inches high he got it back saying they found nothing wrong with it yep it still shoots high not very good customer service for a $1000 pistol. It's a good thing they have name recognition going for them their guns look great and I've heard a lot of positive things about them but it's hard to justify buying one if they won't stand behind their guns I,ve never heard many complaints about hipoint customer service.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

Thats what we like to hear. Hope you keep Having a [glow=red,2,300]blast[/glow] with you HPs.

·
Premium Member
2,290 Posts
keep on! :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know what you mean. My buddy shelled out $1200 for a new kimber desert warrior. It jammed every other shot, and the rear sight was clearly well off center. It went back to the factory twice and still really isn't 100%. He also asked them to center up the sight when they had it and the rep he spoke to told him he needed to learn how to shoot instead. Damn... Now that is how you earn customer loyalty. I'll never deal with those people. I only own a 995 in this brand but it sounds like the company knows how to build and maintain a cult following. Im looking hard for a 4095 but they seem almost as elusive as the 4595.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used to really lust after Kimbers, but after looking closely at their prices, their customer service (or lack thereof), and the problem with some of their MIM parts, I just feel they are way to overpriced. The Kimber has went the way of the Glock, which is to overcharge because of name or supposed reputation.

I am glad there are brands like Hi-Point, Jimenez (say what you want, but their smaller caliber guns work decent), Cobra Arms, Ruger, Springfield Armory (their 1911s are cheaper and just as good as the Kimbers), and Taurus out there that will put out a decent product for a fair price.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Roger that. Ive got a spgfld loaded and it out shoots his kimber every time (when his even shoots). Its size and sharp target sights make it impractical to carry though. Is that a laser or a light in that pic? I'd like to try a C9 out. I like the size.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
May I present to you, the gun snobs worst nightmare........ :devilsidesmile:

:hijack:

Does that laser get in the way of the trigger finger in any way. Looks like alot of room is taken up. Looks good though...

·
Registered
253 Posts
lol

The laser was a whim. It failed miserably at the range. I don't have it on my C9 anymore.

I just figured that if it would work, it would get some interesting looks form other folks at the range...lol.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
lol

The laser was a whim. It failed miserably at the range. I don't have it on my C9 anymore.

I just figured that if it would work, it would get some interesting looks form other folks at the range...lol.
Nice lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know what you mean. My buddy shelled out $1200 for a new kimber desert warrior. It jammed every other shot, and the rear sight was clearly well off center. It went back to the factory twice and still really isn't 100%. He also asked them to center up the sight when they had it and the rep he spoke to told him he needed to learn how to shoot instead. Damn... Now that is how you earn customer loyalty. I'll never deal with those people. I only own a 995 in this brand but it sounds like the company knows how to build and maintain a cult following. Im looking hard for a 4095 but they seem almost as elusive as the 4595.
"learn how to shoot" Daymn see if I ever buy a kimber now. I was debating getting a crimson carry to until I read that now they can pound sand... i'll get a taurus or springfield 1911 now..., nothing irks me more then stuck up customer service, a place that acts like their doing you a favor selling you something. Heck I can buy a a 995 a 4095 and a 4595 when it comes out and matching pistols for them, and a CF380 for shits and giggles with what I'd pay for one kimber and be treated with respect.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Roger that. My boy was pissed. I was in the shop with him when he was on the phone with the rep. Their pistols are "pretty" but all you end up really paying for is a little extra polish and a lot of advertising. He finally got it running smoother but it required two trips back to kimber and another trip to a local smith, who also adjusted his rear sight for free. Back in the day their stuff was top notch but Ive heard quite a few similar stories here lately. To each his own. For what they run, I personally would rather get two springfields, or a crate of HPs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts