Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, hope everyone's been doing good, went to the gun store (my ffl) to pick up my mosin 91/30, and im in love, had a lot of i dunno what on it that i had wiped off now it feels good, also got a sharp little beauty to add to my c9 case heh heh hope u all enjoy, how do i scope the mosin? i originally had my heart set on getting the mosin and putting the ATI stock on it but now...im in love and i cant ruin it, i want it how it is just want it scoped...any ideas? oh and enjoy the pics tried to get toes in the top one but my foot was pressed against the bed frame so it looks mangled haha

what is this orange grease looking ish all over the inside of the bag? i dont want to touch it it's nasty and its all over this silver thing and the sling, and the mosin didnt come with a strip clip, is that supposed to happen too? lol where do i get one from?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I spent a lot of money "Bubba-ing" a mosin. I got the bolt cut and bent through an ebay auction (guy did an an amazing job), installed the ATI stock, installed an elevated cheek rest pad, put a bipod on the front, intstalled a UTG scope mount (shown in the link below)

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR324-1.html

sight mount and put on a 40x magnification scope. (now that I think about it I should put some pictures up)

ANYWAY.

The thing shoots great, very accurate. It puts 2 inch groups downrange at 200 yards.....only problem is it's 20 inches high and 10 inches left and the scope adjustments are maxed. But hey, at least it's consistant :D

My advice to you is don't put any money into it. Adjust the front sight to get it shooting straight and then leave it alone. Anything else is gonna be like a replay of the "Money Pit" with Tom Hanks.

BTW if anyone has any suggestions on how to correct MY issue's with my mosin, PLEASE let me know. I'd love to have this think in usable condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.