My Turn!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by wingman, Dec 30, 2014.

1. wingman

wingman Member

MY 995TS is FINALLY on order! It is really the second one I have ordered, but the first one had to go to my adult son for Christmas. I was only able to look at it and examine it, but did not have a chance to fire it. He and I are looking forward to going to the range together with our carbines.

I want to thank the members of this forum for providing a great place to discuss firearms. Your willingness to share your knowledge and experience is what pointed me toward Hi Point. This has become my favorite internet forum. Thanks!:)

2. StlMike1969

StlMike1969 Member

I agree. I just ordered mine on Saturday. Should be in Friday. I already have some Krylon Fusion standing by and all my mod stuff planned or on the way. Going to end up dressing it up nice before I even get a chance to shoot it. Should make sure it works first I suppose LOL. These forums have been a great place though to see other peoples mods and ideas. Nice to see this stuff before you buy a weapon so that an educated decision can be made. Learn what to look for and what not to do based on other peoples actions. Just wish more were still active in the modify and picture sharing thread.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

Be careful guy's, I started out with a 995 TS!

Attached Files:

4. 0311

0311 Member

This is a great forum.

Only place on line where you can stand up & shout how much you love your Hi-Point without getting beat up.

Hi-Points are just like LAYS potato chips, one just won't cut it.

5. StlMike1969

StlMike1969 Member

Dang Melvin you just about got yourself enough arms for a small army LOL. When one is just not enough.

6. MachoMelvin

I am working on a complete HP collection, almost there? I think!

7. colthrash

colthrash Member

no way dude, there will always be one more...

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Hey Melvin have you ever figured out how many one offs that were made? Until you know that you will never be sure you have them all. :D;)

9. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I can on a Glock forum. As long as it isn't pistols! One guy read my post how my JHP45 has never jammed in over 1000rds..............then poked fun at the other guy that was having problems with a Koonan, or a 1911 stove piping. :D

10. MachoMelvin

Hi Point makes a 1 off everyday they replace some ones gun & puts their old serial number on the new gun. But, I have come to realize that HP has made so many short runs & test batches, that no one really knows what they actually manufactured. I have talked to some very knowledgeable people, both inside & outside of Hi Point that have told me just that. I am basically just looking for the mass produced models. I am at 41 different models, with maybe 7 more to go. But, I figured it would take 25 or so guns 6 months ago?

11. so when are you going to do a documentary, on hi-point history, with a tour of the facility.

12. MachoMelvin

I just had this discussion with a family member of Mr. Deeb the other day!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  13. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

My Korean hacker buds have compiled a list of present, and past HP employees. Then they developed a system to track yard sales to their last known addresses.

How much is the info worth to you? They even have tracked the whereabouts of the 40 megawatt pulse beam prototypes that HP thought were scrapped. ;)