Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a picture I snapped after I finished cleaning them. I have a .22 I made and a bb gun that isn't in there. But with this small collection I can cover most of the bases as far as hunting and home protection goes. My next addition my be a handgun if I ever get my CCW

There is a Marlin 336 30-30 that my grandfather gave me when I finished college.

An Armscorp .22 that is just as accurate as any top brand .22

A Remington 870 20 gauge with both bird and slug barrels, that my grandfather gave me for Christmas when I was 14.

And the Hi-point 995 that I bought last weekend and painted.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I have a Marlin 336 .30-30 just like that man. Awesome deer rifle and just an all around great brush gun. Nice collection!

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^It is a great deer gun, they go down and stay down with that sucker. I had it scoped but I beat the hell out of it and didnt trust the scope anymore.

I was using it as my bedside gun, but with the 995 I would rather keep that one stored away when im not hunting because it means so much to me.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Man I love those 336 Marlins I really want one they just keep getting pushed down my "to get" list, My MN M44 fills they brush gun slot really well too. Nice collection

·
Registered
428 Posts
This is a picture I snapped after I finished cleaning them. I have a .22 I made and a bb gun that isn't in there. But with this small collection I can cover most of the bases as far as hunting and home protection goes. My next addition my be a handgun if I ever get my CCW

There is a Marlin 336 30-30 that my grandfather gave me when I finished college.

An Armscorp .22 that is just as accurate as any top brand .22

A Remington 870 20 gauge with both bird and slug barrels, that my grandfather gave me for Christmas when I was 14.

And the Hi-point 995 that I bought last weekend and painted.
What did you paint the 995 with? Looks good!

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
you for sure have the bases covered. You do for sure need a pistol. Nice collection BTW.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did you paint the 995 with? Looks good!
I used Krylon Camouflage, it's part of the fusion line for plastics, but it was sitting on a different shelf. For any color on plastic, fusion is the way to go. That stuff is rugged after it cures.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Love those Lever Actions. For CCW I cant recommend highly enough the Springfield XD or XDM compacts its just may well be the best affordable pistol today. 9mm is common for CCW and you would not have to keep another caliber since you already own the 995.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like the lever gun I just looked at a s&w sigma and can recomend it for a good hi cap pistol either in 9mm or .40

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.