Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
My wife says.. "What do you need a second magainze for, don't you have bullets in the first one?"
You need to sit her down and explain to her how "Peace through superior firepower" works :lol:

G

·
I think she's trying to explain it to him. Mags don't do ya much good without something in 'em. I recommend a compromise - Get more mags, and load 'em all! :lol:

G

·
My wife pretty much considers firearms as just a fact of life. Many of them are hers from way back when. They bear names like Western Auto, Ted Williams, Sears, Revelation etc just to give an idea how long this has been going on. Shooting is enjoyed by family, friends and neighbors. In essence its just how it is. Occasionally she does feel that too much time is spent on this hobby. Nobody goes without when a purchase is made so thats not a problem. From her perspective she cant understand how people can make interest payments on $100,000 boats and other high-end luxury items that only depreciate. Spending $20,000 over the course of thirty years on firearms that appreciate and entertain only seems logical to her.

G

·
This is what I am talking about...old and slow...but still cool

I would rather buy a similar basket case bike, then buy one all together...
And put it together myself, rather than buy it....but then again, thats just me...

·
Registered
708 Posts
My wife was somewhat concerned when she first met me about my "interests". She wasn't anti-gun by any means but had never really been around them much until she met me. Now she's fine with it. Now when she's cleaning the house she doesn't call me into the room to move a rifle or pistol, she'll just pick up and move it. She says it's like cleaning up after children. :)

·
Registered
831 Posts
My wife was somewhat concerned when she first met me about my "interests". She wasn't anti-gun by any means but had never really been around them much until she met me. Now she's fine with it. Now when she's cleaning the house she doesn't call me into the room to move a rifle or pistol, she'll just pick up and move it. She says it's like cleaning up after children. :)
You've got rifles and pistols just laying around the house and your wife doesn't smack ya around for messing up the over all décor of the room? :p :p :wink:

I've gotta keep my stuff well out of sight, but at least she's coming around on the idea. We went from no guns in the house at all PERIOD to being at least OK with it in about a month and a half :p

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
LOL!!

Thats funny. My dining room was my workshop for a while. I had my drill press and other tools on the diing room table.

Finally I got one of the kids to move out and I took over the bedroom. I now have a room full of computers and reloading stuff. A buddy gave me a 8 foot long table (like the ones you find at elemtary school dining riooms or churches) that I setup as my reloadiing table.

I still am always leaving guns around. I try to lock them up at night but I still forget and wake up and find a pistol or 2 getting squished down between the cushions on the couch.

G

·
As for the guns I've stopped letting people know i love them as much as a do. (they think I'm crazy) Now onto the bikes, screw the harley and the vespa, and the crotch rocket. Its all about enduro, I'm looking to make my xr250 street legal, it can hit 75 and its way more manuverable than any of your harleys, that and i would love to see a vespa try and off road :lol:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
LOL!!

Thats funny. My dining room was my workshop for a while. I had my drill press and other tools on the diing room table.
Did it look anything like this?

This was AFTER I did some cleanup.
Pretty much the same. Almost the same drill press even except mine has the keyless chuck.

And minus the printer, no printer on my dining room table.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im not married but i do had a GF and our first official date was to the gun range where i showed her how to shoot a pistol. i reticently purchased a bersa 380 for CCW and for her to shoot at the range and use as a home defense gun(for her, i have my SW99)
she once talked to me about if i was paranoid for haveing the guns loaded in the safe(just the home defence guns) i said i wasn't paranoid just situationally aware.
she was giving me a hard time until while i was at work one day and some unknown people came knocking on the door she looked out the bed room window and said they had long some what un kept hair (i was on the phone with her) i said get the bersa. they ended up leavening with no problem (she didn't answer the door) when i got home from work there she was doing homework at the kitchen table with the bersa and extra mag laying there ready for action.
thats been about a mo. and she hasnt said a thing about the guns or my wanting to purchase a .357 mag revolver or similar revolver.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
icono: Great story. It reminds me of one my mother told me:

My parents were newly-weds, and were living in a house out in the country. My father was away one evening...

She heard a voice outside, calling "Kathleeeeeeeeeen... Kathleeeeeeeeen..."

She didn't recognize the voice, but it was clearly someone who knew her, and knew she was alone.

She got out my Dad's revolver and ammo, and sat at a table in front of a window with a light overheard, so that she could clearly be seen outside. She slowly, carefully, and obviously loaded the pistol.

No more calls, no more harassment, and problem solved.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
That's a great story from both of you guys! It's nice to hear stories like that, as they make our significant others realize what we've been telling them all along. Not that they don't believe us, but something like that will really bring it home to them.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts