My wife thinks I go overboard

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by OkSlim, Feb 20, 2016.

1. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

I used to carry a 30 year old Colt Gold Cup but it was starting to wear.

I have some high end 1911's as well.

Got a deal on this RIA and after one heck of a time getting it to become reliable as in I bet my life on it, I started carrying it.

Anyway, I got the wild idea to have access to spare mags instead of digging through the console.

Tried Velcro but it would fall off. Wound up buying some 1" nylon strap, pop rivoting it on then just snapping the mag holder in place.

So I have 9 in the gun, spare mag in my holster and three mags at my right hand while I am in the vehicle. Hopefully that will let me get out of any jam I am in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have a Mossberg JIC under the seat, an e tool and a tactical tomahawk on the back of the seat.

2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    I didn't realize things were that bad out there in Tulsa! :rolleyes:
    I dare not ask what that red button does in the pic. :D

3. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Well it seems pretty obvious it's the actuator for the mini guns mounted in the front,, disguised as headlights :D

4. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I was going to go with "ejector seat". Mini gun button should be inside the shifter knob.

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

That is awesome slim! A little over the top, but very cool. I need to get a rig set up for my holster up under the steering column. I do dig it though

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Are You BATMAN??? :eek:

7. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Gum Creek.

It's the large frame holster. Haven't checked if the Hi-POint with red dot will fit yet since I don't plan on carrying it.
    MY truck is an 08 Tundra. Later they started putting Airbags down there so be careful. You don't want a gun coming at you if air bags go off.

Yeah, it may be a little over the top. Until the SHTF that is.

8. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

I was a boy scout .

9. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    So, still keeping us in the dark as what that little red button does. ;)

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Batman wouldn't be caught dead in a Toyota with fake carbon fiber trim.

11. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Being left handed I don't have to deal with the center console being in the way of my sidearm or my draw, as long as I'm driving.

12. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I'm a lefty too!!

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Like the way You THINK!!! :cool:

14. FirearmFanatic

FirearmFanatic "The Enabler!"

Me too! I would rather be over the top than 6 foot under!

15. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

Hi-Point is gonna be brought up in the divorce.

I live out in the sticks and I have a range with a berm about 100 yards long.

I also had a bench set up closer to the house at 21 feet that I shoot into a tree I am gonna have to cut down.

[​IMG]

Yesterday my son and I built a backstop at the back end of my first lot which is closer to the house and I will be able to shoot the carbine off the back deck, out of old firewood and I put a hospital mattress that you can fold in half and clip. Sit it on some concrete blocks, stuck a couple of spinning targets in the ground then taped the silhoutte target onto the mattress. I had changed over to the ghost ring sights and didn't like them so i changed them back. Probably gonna get a set of the Mahan sights.Havent decided for certain yet. . I also installed the laserlyte laser and hadn't had a chance to zero it in.

So I got the pistol sighted in at 21' which I do most of my pistols and then backing up all the way to 25 yards I ran about a 1000 rounds through the JHP without a single misfire. about 600 rounds last night and 400 this morning.

Just can't get over how much fun this is to shoot.

But getting back to my point, I have around 10K 45 rounds and I bought another 5000 rounds of 230 grain ball ammo this morning.

Wife isn't gonna like that hit on our credit card.

Wish I was a bigger fan of 9mm than 45ACP

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  16. desertrider

desertrider Member

Jeebus! And I thought I was an ammo whoorrre.:eek:

17. OkSlim

OkSlim Member

[​IMG]

18. lsi1

lsi1 Member

What is the red button?

19. Kiln