mystery springs on 4595

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by kelvin232, Apr 14, 2014.

1. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

was swapping out some mag-catch parts and I have 2 springs left over from the disassembly of my 4595. they are slightly smaller than the springs found under the buttstock pad /recoil pad.... no idea where they belong.

any one have an idea?
    can provide pics as needed.

thanks in advance

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    We will probably need pics.

Also..size as in diameter, or in length?

3. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

See attached:

Attached Files:

4. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

disassembled my 4595 several times before and never seen these. found one in my lap, then another out of nowhere while i was trying to find a home for the first....

5. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

nothing? anyone got a diagram for a 4595?

6. panoz77

panoz77 Member

7. geekandwife

geekandwife Good ole Boy Member

Spring in the Trigger?

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    My first thought too, but the pictures show them as way too big. Firing pin springs as Panoz said looks like a good suggestion.

Has the OP function checked the gun yet?

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Can't be trigger spring, way too big and I can't think of many other springs that they could be.

10. Not2ManyGuns

Not2ManyGuns Member

It's hard to tell from the photo, but does one spring fit inside the other? That is how the firing pin springs go together. But I noticed that you mentioned you were swapping out some mag-catch parts. I've never taken the mag-catch apart; however, my 995TS schematic diagram shows what looks like one spring, part number 51, called the "Magazine Catch Spring."

11. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

springs are exact same size. dry fires, but haven't checked with ammo.... don't want to fully assemble until i know where they go....

12. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

13. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

I believe Panoz is right. The firing pin springs are the only thing that shows up on my exploded view diagram that even remotely fits. One is labeled as "Firing Pin Spring" and the other as "Firing Pin Assist Spring".

14. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

ill take apart and look again. will post a pic.

15. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

firing pin spring in it's correct place, mystery spring 1 of 2 sitting next to receiver.

Attached Files:

16. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

now accepting all guesses..... would love to put this rifle fully together... :)

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Similar to the firing pin spring inside spring set up, those springs rest inside the top and bottom springs in the recoil pad to compensate for the added oomph of the .45. Had the same WTF situation when I did the stormtrooper carbine.

18. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

they go INSIDE the recoil pad springs?!

I dont remember seeing them, but i also don't have a better explanation. That also means i'm missing 1 :)

thanks for the help. I feel better knowing it's not a mission-critical part.

EDIT: apparently i'm not missing one if they only go in the top and bottom slots. oops. :)

19. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Yea. There's only 2 extra, not 3. Made no sense to me either but I was lucky enough to discover them when they shot out into my lap when I took my stock apart. Although I did spend 15 minutes looking for the third one.

edit: To be perfectly honest I'm just guessing on which two of the three are doubled. Top and bottom made the most sense when I was putting it back together and it works fine.

20. kelvin232

kelvin232 Member

exactly what happened to me.