N.C.D. and Introductory Post

Discussion in 'Welcome Aboard' started by MadJack, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MadJack

MadJack Supporting Member

My second post and it's my (one day belated) New Carbine Day. I picked up my 995TSFG from my FFL yesterday, after ordering it from Bud's. I actually ordered the 995TS Pro, but they were sold out. I also got the Pro Pack and the compensator. I got the 995, because I already have a S&W M&P 9c and I wanted something in a complimentary caliber. The flashlight is an AIM Sports Sub-Compact Weapon Light, from my 9c. There are more mods to come, which I'll post in the Paint jobs, mods and favorite carbine pics thread.

[​IMG]

As for me, I retired from the US Army (Reserve) Military Police, where I served in both Gulf Wars and Bosnia. This last year I was injured at work and I'll no longer be able to physically perform my civilian duties. I had a nice collection of firearms, till my Ex pawned them for her habits, during my deployment to Iraqi Freedom. I'm now finally getting around to rebuilding my collection.

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the Asylum. We've got a few Guard Shack Sacks floating around here.

3. histed

histed Supporting Member

Welcome to the jungle, MJ. Thanks for your service.

4. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Welcome aboard the crazy train!!

Tons of knowledge here, not just on HP's. Thank you for your service also!!

Your going to love the carbine.

5. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

Welcome from a fellow veteran! You are going to love that carbine. It was the first hi point that I purchased as well, and I'm glad I did.

6. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome! We love range reports and pictures.

7. ghostmonky

ghostmonky Member

Welcome to the HP forum.A lot of great ideas and information here.

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Thank you for your service SIR! I see you bought the funnest of the carbeeenZ! The compensators are for the scary looks only!

9. Dohrmc

Dohrmc IIWFWTIWRTW Member

Welcome from a fellow vet. New here myself, but some good info here. Thanks for your service!

10. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Welcome from on old retired Vet from CO.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:MadJack!!!
    ...and thanks for your service, to this Great Nation!

12. Mediocre_Bob

Mediocre_Bob Supporting Member

I'm new here, too. Also a vet though I didn't see any combat. Thanks for your service! Much respect!

13. Rachgier

See, the thing about that is; I've got a buddy who was Air Force. Flew drones from an air conditioned trailer all day. We were out drinking one night and some drunk douche came lumbering up and bought me a drink for being a vet. I pointed at my buddy and asked, "What about him? He's a vet." Guy asked him what he did, he answered, drunk guy called him a pu**y and told him he wasn't a real vet because he never saw combat.

He had to ask the paramedic what happened.

A vet, is a vet. Peacetime or war. Deployed or stateside. Combat or not. Regardless of MOS.

This forum also respects veterans/LEO's and offers them a free supporting membership for serving their country and community.

14. MadJack

Thank-you for all the warm welcomes and the membership!

I got out in this mighty fine weather we had today and shot about 150 rounds, zeroing the irons. When I use the proper technique, I can eat the bullseye out of the target (even with my deteriorating eyesight), using the irons.

15. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the most amazing forum ever! We love Vets here especially ARMY ones;)

16. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I thought the supporting memberships were only for active duty military and disabled veterans. I read the thread a while back, did I miss something?

17. Rachgier

It has always been at the Admin's discretion, and the policy that is currently up is from the pre-forum gorilla days when Austin was the only Admin. Since taking up an Administrative roll while CMG was still in it's learning curve with forum admins here on HPFF, I haven't had very many requests for the Vet/Leo memberships and have chosen to expand the policy to all Vets and LEO's for a 1 year subscription, on the house.

18. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Jack!
    .45JHP owner here myself.
    Lot of knowledge here on the forum, not only guns either.

19. MadJack

My brother was in town today and we met up at the local gun show. I showed him the Hi Point 4095TS a local dealer at the show had (the FFL dealer I used when I got mine). He loved the idea of a .40 S&W carbine and he liked the price too. He would have gotten it today, but he just got an AR15 this week, so his wife put the brakes on it, but she's not opposed to getting one later. He's not much of a forum user, so you probably won't see him on here.

20. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Hello and welcome MadJack! Nice looking carbine you got there! :)