Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Model1895 Nagant revolver will shoot any of the following ammo safely and without blowing a ton of anything out of the gap between the cylinder and barrel: 7.62X38R(Nagant), .32 S&W Longs and .32 H&R Magnums. I regularly shoot all 3 of those calibers from both of my Nagants, there is a more pronounced smoke screen from the cylinder/barrel gap with anything but the correct 7.62 Nagant ammo
I do have a question about using the .32 H&R in nagants. I would like to use it in mine, but due to its much higher pressure I have been relutant to try it. I have no idea what pressure the nagant were designed to handle and I also do not know what pressures are developed by the .32 H&R Magnum. The fact that nothing bad has happened is not definative proof that each and every nagant will survived such usage.
You might try wrapping your rounds in thin paper if case bulging is a problem.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
I shoot .32 S&W Shorts out of mine without having any problems. They are pretty accurate too (I shot a computer monitor with it from 100 yards and it only took 5 tries :D). After shooting the shorts you will have to take a wire brush to the cylinder though. The build up from where the bullet separates from the casing gets a bit thick and will cause the longer bullet casings to get stuck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
PLEASE NOTE: YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE DROP-IN CONVERSION CYLINDERS FOR THE OTHER .32 CALIBER CARTRIDGES FOR THE NAGANT REVOLVER! TRY LOOKING ONLINE AT SITES LIKE J&G SALES, ETC., IF YOU WANT THE ABILITY TO RELOAD YOUR BRASS FROM THE .32 S&W LONG AND .32 H&R MAGNUMS!

Sorry for the caps...my caps lock was on too long, and I didn't feel like retyping everythin... :embarrassed2: :p ::)

...wasn't trying to shout at everyone...just figured I should at least point that bit of information out...

Thanks!

Jag 8)

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I reload 32-20 shells with a 74 gr cast bullet for a 32acp. I keep it a fairly light charge of Unique and it seems to be a very nice round for the Nagant. I takes a combo of .30 carbine and 32acp dies to load it but once I figured which to use and when it's a piece of cake.
-greg

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
When I shoot my Nagant revolver, I prefer to use S&W Longs.

I've had a few ban occurrences with H&R Mags and blow back. Its nothing that the standard pair of shooting glasses cant handle but it still a problem that i've only encountered with the mags.

When it comes down to .32 S&W longs vs HotShots 38r's, I still prefer the Longs. The hotshots are nice for being the proper round but I can reload the .32 with my existing equipment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I carry a Nagant.

I keep it loaded for carry with the original 7.62x38r round, however, for practice, it can be just as - if not more - expensive as shooting .45 at the range.
For training purposes I use S&W Long Wadcutters (Fiocchi brand I think? SP?), I also have a partial box of plain ordinary .32 S&W Long rounds. I have yet to try the H&R Mags yet. But will inevitably try it as I'm constantly in love with trying everything I can with this gun.

If you're looking for practice rounds, those Wadcutters are quite nifty and get the job done well. Paper genocide baby!

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
Here is a video showing the difference between 2 of the different cartridges that will fire from these guns, the first 3 shots are .32 H&R Magnum and the remaining 4 shots are of the Hotshot brand 7.62X38R Nagant ammo.
Link didn't work for me?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I removed the videos from my youtube page, I got really tired of the moronic comments I was having to deal with.

How are you guys reloading the .32 brass? I thought reloading bulged cases was a bad idea and every .32 case I fire out of mine bulges badly, whether it's .32 longs or H&R Magnums.
To be quite honest I haven't had one bulged case. Maybe I'm just lucky?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you want soom info on russian guns and the nagant revolver go to www.h6x.net. On this site the nagant revolver is a collectors item and should not be shot because it could blow up on you. The bullets in the hotshot ammo is under sized and under powered at least thats indicated on this site.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Is the replacement cylinder worth the $55 to be able to shoot .32 acp? And is the .32 acp cheap?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The cases wont bulge like in the .32 S&W Longs and all the other .32's fired in the revolver. So, if you reload, I would think the cylinder would definitely be worth it. .32ACP is cheaper here than any of the other .32's.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you want soom info on russian guns and the nagant revolver go to www.h6x.net. On this site the nagant revolver is a collectors item and should not be shot because it could blow up on you. The bullets in the hotshot ammo is under sized and under powered at least thats indicated on this site.
Just from reading what it is written is sounds more like opinions than actually facts especially when Kripp who knows bundles about C&R firearms has them and shoots them without hesitation

edited after rereading

After rereading this idiotic article about how it said this gun will apparently blow up every time you go to use it, if this were truly the case then why would it be allowed in the country. "Although some owners claim to have bore/groove diameters as small as .310"...they almost certainly measured wrong!" it then goes on to insult people by calling them liars if there bores don't meet their standards of .312. sorry about the rant it just makes me angry :mad:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The woman that authors that site is a very opinionated Russian woman. Some of the stuff she posts is absolutely ridiculous. She must have had a bad experience with a Nagant.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.