Natasha

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Loopster, May 3, 2008.

1. Well, at long last, I got me another one. I had traded in the chopped up sporterized Mosin-Nagant M91-30 because I decided that it would be worth more to me to have a Mosin in its original configuration. (It's really the history of the weapon that I'm into anyway more than the weapon itself). After much patience, I have gotten one I love, an M44. I call her Natasha:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Does she drink Vodka? :wink:

Nice Mosin dude!

3. Dunno....ain't sharin' :lol:

4. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

very nice. my brother's got one and i love it.

5. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Nice rifle!

(Am I the only one who doesnt name their firearms?)

6. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

negative.

7. A man after my own heart (sniff sniff) :)

8. Hey, listen maybe you guys can help me with this. I know it's probably somewhere in the vast ocean of the internet, but since I'm here....

I have looked over this M44, and there are sets of matching numbers in the places where they should be, the buttplate, the bolt, the receiver, that appear to have been stamped into the metal. I am trying to determine if this means that this is an original weapon, or is is possible that when this gun was restored by R Guns (that's where this one came from) if THEY stamped those numbers in there.

When I get the digital camera working in a little bit I will take and post some pictures of the markings here. The pics I posted earlier were taken with my cell phone, and I could almost gotten as good a quality if I had sketched it.

Anyway, more experienced Mosin enthusiats tell me that if this is an original weapon it increases the value of it. Not that the monetary value matters to me, but if this were an original weapon (an intact piece) it would certainly be of more nostalgic value to me.

The gun shop where I got this one also has some Mausers and a couple of Enfields.

9. Here are some better pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Looks like a number matching factory M44 to me dude. Those numbers stamped into the gun 4990 are the original factory serial numbers from what they look like to me.