1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
The Navajo Nation Annihilator 2000

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
I hope they get the quality control back in order if they do buy it. I'd love to see Remington regain its former status.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they do get Remington, it will be interesting to me to see where the manufacturing plants will end up located. At present locations or moved to their Reservation area to lower unemployment there.

If moved, perhaps they will have less regulations to have to follow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Maybe I'm thinking outside the box but I'm thinking will the na's let the govt control them again? Bet not, and will they fight to kick some anti gun political ass? Most likely and maybe as much or more than the NRA. Maybe it won't get to that, but it's a nice thought.

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
If they do get Remington, it will be interesting to me to see where the manufacturing plants will end up located. At present locations or moved to their Reservation area to lower unemployment there.

I'd like to see them set up operations on the reservation and develop a better economic model for other nations to follow, too. It would be neat to a see no-kidding manufacturing sector start up for them. They could really turn things around for a lot of people.

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
Wouldn’t it be ironic if the ‘****** would sell guns to the white devils?
What’s next? Jack Daniels?

·
Premium Member
4,852 Posts
Wouldn't it be ironic if the '****** would do sell guns to the white devils?
What's next? Jack Daniels?
I guess that's racist, but the same thought went through my mind too.

·
Super Moderator
28,537 Posts

With the BIA even allow that?

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the BIA even allow that?

Peace favor your sword ( mobile)
I can think of no reason not. They own other various businesses and investments. I would guess the BIA is fully aware of these proceedings concerning Remington. Not real new news.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Taking into account that the Navajo Nation is considered it's own sovereign state with its own Constitution, three branches of government, and even District Courts and a Supreme Court I wonder how the sale would be handled. The US Government still asserts plenary power through the BIA but I wonder how different a sale like this would be than to another "US" entity or corporation. Will they insist on using wampum to buy a new 870? (OK, so that was uncalled for.... I apologize.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navajo_Nation

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts

Or more regulation. Importation laws maybe? The Navajo res is in three or four states IIRC, so interstate stuff could be interesting. Not to mention the need for Federal permission on licenses to manufacture at each site that makes receivers. Assuming the Navajo agree to play that game.

Can you imagine if the Navajo were competing with Colt and Sig for contracts?

·
No longer broke...
21,623 Posts
The Seminole tribe in Florida tried their hand at (small) airplane manufacturing in the early 2000’s.
Planes, guns....maybe were missing a clue here.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
They will be immune from Sandy Hook type litigation. Maybe they will get DPMS, and Bushmaster up and running again. Could they sell AR15's to terrorists?

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can you imagine if the Navajo were competing with Colt and Sig for contracts?
Now you know the rest of the story!! As a Minority Group, they would have a real nice bid price advantage. This is most likely their real reason for trying to buy Remington.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts