Navajo Nation may Purchase Remington in coming days

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by OldOutlaw, Jul 2, 2020.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Come move on to Standing Rock. It's a good place to get killed. When I have to pass through I have a full tank of gas and my gun on my lap. My buddy is BIA there he says dont stop. If you shoot leave the Res and call him. It's real bad there.

2. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    How often to you even need to go to that desolate area?

3. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

After approval "Mr/Ms Congressperson we are in compliance. The firearm has only one trigger so only one person can fire it.

4. moona11

I normally have to drive through it a few times a year

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Jeezuz. I can only imagine that it's a lot of open terrain out there without many structures. What do they do--sit around in their vehicles waiting to get word from scouts to move in on a target?

Or do they follow vehicles waiting for them to stop?

I guess that's the place to keep your eyes peeled for anyone who stays in the rear view mirror for too long.

6. moona11

It's a complete shit hole. I stopped at a gas station there one time and the lady said don't stay here to long.

7. Think1st

Florida
    It sounds like a good place to end up being a segment on Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack.

8. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

He died like 15 years ago. If he was hosting Moon'z episode in 2020, it would be the Twilight Zone instead. :popcorn:

moona11 likes this.
  9. Think1st

Florida
    What if Moonz did disappear there 15 years ago, and he's really a spiritual apparition that doesn't know it's not really alive anymore?:ohno:

moona11 likes this.
  10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Still a better Twilight Zone premise.

Think1st likes this.
  11. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

Here's what moonzie sees when he goes thru the reservation:

smoke signals.jpg

Troubleshooter, moona11 and Think1st like this.
  12. Twisty

Twisty Simple by choice Supporting Member

That might explain a lot.

Think1st and moona11 like this.
  13. moona11

It's been said you can't dig a hole there without finding a body.

14. Think1st

Florida
    They must have some good soil for crops by now, then.

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

But indians are virtuous!

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

The Noble Savage? That construct has been going on for centuries.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Compared to some of the rapacious empire builders of the time...it wasn’t too far off. Just a different idea of what “nobility” meant, compared to what we see or think of today.

18. Dubar

Dubar Supporting Member

All the Native Americans (maybe 1/2 dozen or so) I know say they're Heathens.

One of my buddies took one of those cheap DNA tests, came back that he was black and not NA!!! I've seen his parents and some of his brothers/sisters, if he's not NA then nobody is. I told him to get a 2nd opinion cause the 1st one isn't right. Went to his moms funeral, I didn't realize there was that many NAs in Ahoskie NC, but the name of the city should have given me a clue.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

In most of the Nobel Savage motif, excluding the 19th Century Victorians but including the early 20th Century folks, it usually seemed to imply a simplicity unspoiled by the negative aspects of "modern" civilization.

No joke, it's one of the reasons that Henry Ford insisted on picknick/bbq-charcoal boxes on his early cars.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

ajole likes this.
  20. My great grand parents and their children were listed as Black on some census records. Maybe your buddy was not part of the five civilized tribes and that would cause the error?