Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NBC in NY reports that the AWB hasn't made the state safer. The gov & gun control backers there was told in the 1st place that it wouldn't make anyone safer.

They just don't get it that it's not the 1920's anymore and they really need to move into the current times. That people want these types of rifles, will have them and there in nothing they can do to stop it.

"Now some critics say one part of the law - the assault rifle ban - is not effective because new models being made to comply with the law are almost entirely the same as those that were banned."

""It differs only in how it looks, not in how it functions," Jacobs said."

""Here we go again," said Joyce Gorycki, who lost her husband in the 1993 Long Island Rail Road massacre. "This is what they always do. It's just a terrible thing. The gun manufacturers. I just don't understand them.""

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...lt-Weapons-Semiautomatic-AR-15-258323561.html

·
Administrator
29,152 Posts
That's because the ban isn't nation wide. If ONLY those other states, or the feds, would make the same ban, then everyone would finally be safe and there would be no violent crime.

:rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
They just don't get it that it's not the 1920's anymore and they really need to move into the current times. That people want these types of (DRUGS), will have them and there in nothing they can do to stop it.
And there's the argument for legalizing pot.:rolleyes:

And yet, they keep trying to make guns illegal, despite the same underlying fact being true.

Funny how substituting one word changes the argument.:p

·
Administrator
29,152 Posts
And there's the argument for legalizing pot.:rolleyes:

And yet, they keep trying to make guns illegal, despite the same underlying fact being true.

Funny how substituting one word changes the argument.:p
Not to me. Seems like exactly the same thing to me. But that may just be the Libertarian in me. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
The problem isn't the guns, it's the politicians and a legal system that has a revolving door built in for repeat offenders. If they'd stand behind law enforcement and go after the CRIMINALS we'd all be safer. Instead they talk tough, blame everybody except the people commiting the crimes and pass thougher laws so they can tell eveyone they're doing their part to make our world a safer place so they'll get re-elected to their cushy overpaid jobs with benefits better than the average guy'll ever think of getting.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
That's because the ban isn't nation wide. If ONLY those other states, or the feds, would make the same ban, then everyone would finally be safe and there would be no violent crime.

:rolleyes:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
It's because every City and State has different no guns allowed signs, it confuses the bad guys. They need to pass a law making a common mandatory sign to be used so bad guys will know they can't have guns there.

DUHHHHH.

·
Premium Member
8,277 Posts
The problem isn't the guns, it's the politicians and a legal system that has a revolving door built in for repeat offenders. If they'd stand behind law enforcement and go after the CRIMINALS we'd all be safer. Instead they talk tough, blame everybody except the people commiting the crimes and pass thougher laws so they can tell eveyone they're doing their part to make our world a safer place so they'll get re-elected to their cushy overpaid jobs with benefits better than the average guy'll ever think of getting.
Not sure that's true either. We have more people locked up than any other advanced society. It hasn't stopped crime. I believe it's a function of freedom. There are consequences of freedom, and we must bear them to be free. I don't want to be safe of it means surrendering freedom. The Constitution predicts this situation by including the 2 nd amendment. We need it to protect ourselves from free criminals and government sanctioned criminals.

·
Just a Man
14,265 Posts
Not sure that's true either. We have more people locked up than any other advanced society. It hasn't stopped crime. I believe it's a function of freedom. There are consequences of freedom, and we must bear them to be free. I don't want to be safe of it means surrendering freedom. The Constitution predicts this situation by excluding the 2 nd amendment. We need it to protect ourselves from free criminals and government sanctioned criminals.
Good point!

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
One more time for the people in the back.

What guns?
Curse that silly fishing boat accident.:rolleyes:

Or was it a mudslide?

Can't be a fire, that would look bad for you.:p

Personally, I gave many away as gifts, and sold the rest to some Hispanic guys in a black SUV. They drove off down the highway headed south of town...:cool:

·
Administrator
29,152 Posts

Or was it a mudslide?

Personally, I gave many away as gifts, and sold the rest to some Hispanic guys in a black SUV. They drove off down the highway headed south of town...:cool:
And the dog ate the paperwork...

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Duke of Sarcasm
5,048 Posts
stupid plains tornados have been wreakin havoc on my collection. every time i go for a drive a dang F1 or F2 just sucks everything outa the back of my truck.

·
Resident PITA
16,163 Posts

Or was it a mudslide?

Left mine in the back of a hatch back and went into a store to buy a soda. When I came back, they were gone.

·
Premium Member
36,655 Posts
Left mine in the back of a hatch back and went into a store to buy a soda. When I came back, they were gone.
Around here, if you did that in the summer, the guns would still be there, but you'd have 30 lbs of zucchini to deal with.:p

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
"Now some critics say one part of the law - the assault rifle ban - is not effective because new models being made to comply with the law are almost entirely the same as those that were banned."

""It differs only in how it looks, not in how it functions," Jacobs said."
Now where have I heard THAT before? Oh yeah, we gun owners were saying that BEFORE the bans took effect.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.