Need a duty holster...seriously.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by Timsierramist, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Timsierramist

Timsierramist Member

It's no secret that the Hi-Point 9mm (or Hi Point in general?) has an abysmal number of good holsters for X, Y and Z reasons. None the less, i'm looking for a decent Hi Point 9mm Duty holster that is at least level 1 or better.

Anything except the Galco or Bulldog type holsters that litter the internet. I need one that is either basketweave leather or hard shell type, not nylon.

So, all that said, it doesn't have to be specifically made for the Hi-Point 9mm. If it is made for another brand, like a glock 19 for example, and it fits halfway decent without shifting around, i'll probably be content.

Short story long, what holsters have you folks used successfully with the Hi-Point 9mm. Any generic holsters that will work or anything specific?

Thank you very much!

2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

You could make one with kydex.

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

What does your security agency require you use for retention level?
    If you are going to be working a stationary post you could probably get away with a level 1 holster. If you are going to be around the public, like at a mall, you should use at least a level 2 retention holster. The Hi-Point does not have any good quality retention holsters specifically made for it.

4. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    What about the alien gear holsters?

5. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

I found a real inexpensive, but in remarkable great shape Akah pendulum holster for my 9C. The only thing I had to do was wrap the pistol with a paper towel and then a baggie and then let it stay in the holster for about a week. That stretched it to a perfect fit. You can wear it with or without the removable drop hanger. The strap that goes over the pistol snaps in place, then the secondary strap snaps over the first snap. Very secure!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. herbd

herbd Member

Search amazon.com i found one like the crossbreed,inside waistband style for $25. It works great

7. nfitzsimmons

nfitzsimmons Fitz Member

Foxx Holsters (http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com/OnlineCatalog) makes an OWB hybrid (leather/Kydex) for C9 and an IWB hybrid for C9 & JHP45. I don't have a Hi Point pistol, but have both the OWB & IWB for my SR9c and like them.

Oh, and Hi all, been lurking here since earlier this year. Came for a forum about the 995TS that I bought, stayed for all the interesting posts on everything else! Figured I'd post since Moonz called us lurkers out and I might actually have something of value to add to this thread.

Fitz

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    If you haven't done so yet, you need to check out the Manchester Forest Shooting Range. That was where I broke in my first Hi Point, the 45 JHP.

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Take your pistol to your local gun shop, unloaded and explain you are looking to find a holster. Tell him your weapon is unloaded, let him verify that fact, and try a few until you find one that works for you.

10. nfitzsimmons

nfitzsimmons Fitz Member

Hey yeah, I go there a couple times a month!

11. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I used to go there when I lived in SC. I could easily make an entire day out of a trip there. The folks who run it and who show up to shoot there are great!

12. nfitzsimmons

nfitzsimmons Fitz Member

Indeed, nice facilities and good people. It's also a short drive and the only range I know of within a reasonable distance.

13. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Fitz, if we had to add something constructive to the posts this asylum wouldn't be near as much fun.

14. Timsierramist

Timsierramist Member

I've been following the posts. Lots of excellent ideas. But i've also been searching the forums for suggestions too. Somebody mentioned that this holster fits the 9mm pretty good and I'm considering buying it just to try it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221874546980

If not, I like the idea about going into a few gun shops and trying to get a holster to fit. Thanks Talon.

Thanks for the tips!!!

15. sowen

sowen Member

I bought the Fobus FB 2 paddle holster for my C9 and love it. Very comfortable to wear all day. It was a little tight to draw when I first got it. I did some adjustments with a hair dryer and armor all like the instructions say and now it has great retention and a smooth draw.

16. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Is that iwb or owb?

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  18. Pistol

Pistol Member

I got the "uncle Mike's" Law Enforcement #5. It works great for the JHP 45.

19. sowen

sowen Member

The Fobus holster is an OWB.