Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Which one of these should I buy? Please read below before voting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...I have some options and have a little over $400 to spend. I'm wondering which way I should go.

First option is a Norinco MAK-90. I already have a GP WASR-10, so the mags would be compatible, it'd be the same caliber, and I like AKs. I can get this guy for $400 NIB. This would be a private sale and wouldn't be registered to me.

2nd option is to get a Norinco SKS with a ATI folding stock. This one is in great shape, bore has no pits, etc, comes with the factory 10 rnd and a 30rnd mag (i'd probably just use the 10rnd) doesn't have the original stock, but does have the cleaning rod and bayonet. I can get this one for $180. This would be a private sale and wouldn't be registered to me. The numbers also match, I don't really care about that though.

3rd option, the one I originally thought was best but now I'm not so sure... I'd like a Kel-tec Sub-2000 in Glock 17 since I have a Glock 17 and a bunch of mags (including 33rnd) for it. It'd be a nice folding carbine for easy carry in an SHTF type situation, and my pistol and primary would take the same magazines which would be nice, though 9mm for a primary is a bit of a weak choice so I'm not sure if I'd actually use it much in that way. From the looks of things, a Kel Tec is going to cost me over $600 by the time I pay taxes on it, which is a big negative aspect of that one...considering I can get both the other rifles for that much and neither one of those would be registered.

I think I'm leaning toward the MAK-90. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you can get an AK in the present gun buying climate for $400, do it. Immediately. IMO that is a no brainer, even if you already have an AK or AK's.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Norinco MAK-90 new in box??? $400?!?!?! Why do you not already have it in your hands?!? Get over there and buy it!

It isn't just that it's about half the price of most AK clones right now, it's also the matter that Norinco can't import those anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
I own a Sub2K with mag compatibility with my Beretta 92 and Storm. I like my Sub2K even though the sights suck. I think it's a great gun and fills a niche even though it'll melt in the microwave. I've never had any problems with it.

Now listen closely, lean in real close so I can whisper in your ear...

GO BUY THE MAK-90!!!!!! NOW!!!!

-'bridge

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think it's a great gun and fills a niche even though it'll melt in the microwave.
Since there is a 0.000000000% chance of getting into a running gun battle on the inside of your microwave I think that is ok. :)

G

·
Mak 90, for all the reasons stated above.
Now, dont say I am going on the bandwagon: merely going by what you posted as "the hows and whys" which was mainly price between the 3, and which I myself would choose.
Mak an' focheesie.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
The KT subgun is on my very short list of guns to buy in the next 3 months.........because I already own 4 wasr 10's

GET THE MAK90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never shoose an SKS over any AK variant when you plan on actually having to use it. SKS's are one of my favorite types of guns, but any AK variant would be my first choice in a shtf scenario

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.