Need another reason to carry?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Newskate9, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Shootest 995

Shootest 995 Guest

Thats frickin nuts! And people want to take away our means of self defense. not mine they won't! :evil:

2. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

oh see they used a samuri sword. They are going to talk about how they need to crack down on their ban on samuri swords and Mother's Against Knives is going to talk about how this could never have happened if they had banned swords earlier.

GB is a joke. And the USA is turning into one.

3. Thats terrible, this is why people should be allowed to carry handguns if this guy would have been armed those thugs wouldn't have even tried to attack him. He would have simply pulled out his sidearm and he'd still be alive and his kid would still have a father.

4. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member

well he is not going to go over there with a gun drawn. he is getting a soccer ball. Given the circumstances a gun might not have done him any good. when he got mobbed if he tried to pull the gun out the group could have easily stopped him. Mobs of people are scary because if you are just one they can overpower you regardless of what defenses you have. ('cept a van, if you are in a full sized van you can take care of a group of people.)

5. Pepper spray is an effective means of egress on a crowd, spray in a circle and run like hell then with a little bit of distance a handgun might be effective.

6. rrjenn

rrjenn Guest

I carry a 1 million volt stun gun you can hide in a cigarette pack , a cold steel vaquero grande with a fully serrated edge that I can take out and open with a flick of my wrist, pepper spray on my key chain, and a concealed handgun at all times. Each one gives me different degrees of defense against just that sort of thing. Everyone should be allowed to carry as much defense as they choose. If we all carried, crimes like that would become quite scarce. Pepper spay is a very good choice for crowed control as Kelo describes and is legal most places.

7. Absolutely true, but you miss the point of an armed society. "An armed society is a polite society." is quoted and has become a trite phrase among proponents of armed carry. It IS true though. If all were allowed to choose to be armed, many violent people would choose to avoid confrontation because they are cowards in their core! The neighbors would not have been left without recourse but to watch as a man was murdered for no good reason. When we are all legally armed, we can all defend our own rights by supporting others in defense of their rights. Cowardly bullies would avoid attacks because they know they would be confronted and stopped.

An armed society is not only a polite one, it is also a safer one. :wink:

8. Kelotravolski

Kelotravolski Member