Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we are moving to an apartment soon and my 995TS is in storage 120 miles away, I need someone to measure the max thickness of the FA both with and without the bolt. That is to say with the weapon lying on it's right side, how deep is it?

I'm trying to come up with a secure, concealed method of storage in the apartment as there will be people coming in to clean on a weelky basis.

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Max thickness is at the foregrip - 2.0 inchs

At bolt with bolt installed - 2.786 inches

This caliper is useful for something other than reloading, lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answer with dimensions. I didn't want to wait until we moved or make a trip just to check out the measurement. Now I can get on with how to keep it in the apartment concealed....

Appreciate the responses.......and yes calipers are hand but my 995 and my calipers are 120 miles apart at the moment.

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Does your bed have a Box Spring? Is your couch a fold out "hide a bed"? Inside the box spring or in the frame of a standard couch are very overlooked storage areas in most homes. I have converted my couches into storage by installing boxes in the frame. I also have eliminated the box spring in my bed and made a storage box the same size. Drawers on both sides. If you cover it with a "dust Ruffle (thanks again wifey)" no one will think to look there.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
You didn't even have to say thanks to the wife because if you know what a dust ruffle is your married. lol :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Using the bed as concealed storage is exactly my plan. Our space will be very limted so considering a deskbed and making a false bottom under the mattress as a concealed compartment for storing some FA's

www.deskbeds.com

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
If I can get my camera fixed I'll try to get some pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts