NEED HELP WITH A MODEL IDENTITY!!!!

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Krippp, May 3, 2008.

1. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

JUST BOUGHT THE WIFE A ROSSI .38 SPECIAL 5 SHOT FOR HER PERSONAL CARRY PIECE AND FELLOWs, I NEED HELP WITH THE MODEL ID ON THIS GUN. IT WAS USED AND WE GOT IT FOR $89.00 ALONG WITH A MONTH OF FREE RANGE TIME. PUT 150 RNDS. THROUGH HER TODAY AND SHE IS FLAWLESS. NEEDING THE MODEL ID TO FIND OUT IF IT CAN HANDLE +P OR NOT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pjm204

pjm204 Member

no way you got that for $89. if so I am very very jealous

3. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

sometimes it helps to be in the right place at the right time. i promise you that is all I paid for this gun

4. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Some are, some aren't... rossi doesn't have the models listed, and no manuals online... drop them an email with your serial number, and ask... There's no way for me to tell because everyone else paints over their serial numbers, so I can't see if it's a "ZA" model.... grrrr. They can take out the numbers, but why do they take the letters too?!

5. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

well according to some supposed rossi experts on aother forum, you can find the model number behind the ejector etched onto the frame and according to that then I have a model 352, thanks for trying guys

6. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

No Joke Nice looking. Sorry I too cant help, but good Find,

Please someone correct me if I am Wrong but isnt a .38 special much more powerfull then a reg .38??

I not a wheel gun guy but dang If I seen a deal like that I think Id have to not fill the truck up with gas. :p:)

7. browwiw

browwiw Member

I've got one of those. It'll be my warm weather carry gun when my license comes through. I paid over 200 for mine, but then it was NIB.

Does yours shoot to the left? The fixed sites on my shoot to the left...strangely it's an accurate drift. The holes overlap, even if the holes are 3 to 6 inches left of where I them to be depending on range.

8. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

it does shoot slightly to the left but the wife has already compensated and by the 20th or so round she had found her groove in single and double action. just aims a little to the right and it's centermass destruction for the rest of the day

9. browwiw

browwiw Member

I found the same to be true with mine. For a two inch barrel, it's wickedly accurate even out to 25 yards...as long as you compensate a bit to the right.

10. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

very nice. i want a snubby.

11. Nice find, it would have hurt to have left that for someone else.

12. I would suggest that you black out the serial numbers on those pics Krippp. Thanks in advance.

Also, that's a hellova sweet looking snubbie. I am green with envy!!! :mrgreen:

13. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Time to take your comment out of context and bend it to my liking!

and my official response.....

"That's what SHE said!"

14. Beautiful gun, dude. That was a great deal you got on it!

15. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

.38 = .38 Special in revolvers are the same. Not to be confused with .38acp and .38 Super, which are very different.

16. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

this man is my hero. i was laughing and thinking the same thing.

17. browwiw

browwiw Member

So everybody is thinking about my junk? I don't know if I should be disturbed or flattered.

18. AndrewST

AndrewST Guest

Well I was feeling a little lonely while typing that last night, the wife went to bed early last night. :wink:

19. condition1

condition1 Member

Don't forget 38 S&W!!!!!! I have a revolver chambered for it.
    And browwiw: BE DISTURBED!!!!!!