need help with laser sight

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by otis5280, Jan 3, 2008.

1. otis5280

otis5280 Guest

I got a Hi point 9mm compact pistol I want a laser sight for it but i do not like the compensator But not sure it will even work on my gun. I also heard the ones that mount to the trigger get bumped and dont work too well can anyone tell me if i have any other options.

2. Hi there, welcome to the fold and congrats on your new gun - PICTURES please !!!!! :lol: :lol:

I've not seen an application of a laser on the non-comp 9C - the trigger guard mounts we sort of don't like cause they are cheaper and can go off pretty easily.

Perhaps a question first - why do want a laser? I used to think they were cool but the more I practiced and with a little light, or some type of night sites, I'm not in need anymore. Others can chime in here, but my input is practice like nuts first and get your grip / aiming down. Then see how you feel about that laser.

3. otis5280

otis5280 Guest

reason

well the main reason is because i need to get used to a pistol with a lazer and light on it my future prof. is law enforcement and particular s.w.a.t. can you even mount thr comp. on the gun that did not come with one

4. hpman

hpman Guest

If you have the c9, you can not mount a compensator on it. The 9 comp comes with the compensator and a rail for attachment of a laser, light, spoon, etc... It also has a longer barrel than the c9. You don't have too many options without the rail. The trigger guard might be your best option. If you really want a laser, just buy a 9 comp and put a laser on it. Then you'll have two HPs. : )