Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find a mossberg 500 barrel that is 18.5 inches anywhere, so i need help to find one that will fit my 5 shot maverick. Any links or info would be great.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
They seem to be sold out almost everywhere, that's why I wound up selling my 500 that had a 24" rifled barrel. You should be able to order one directly from Mossberg for about the same price as everywhere else, but it might be backorder none the less. I'll probably buy a used 18" shotgun at some point down the road, since I don't have any immediate need for one.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The barrel for the standard mossberg 500 5 shot will fit! I have traded barrels with one of my students at the range before..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i know it will fit lol, but as the others have said they are sold out almost everywhere else.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Call mossberg and see what the backorder wait is... For my ghost ring sight is was 12 days... could be you can preorder if you call that was the case with my sight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Won't an 870 barrel fit? My 870 has a Mossberg slug barrel, and once you get over the light year gap in maching quality, fit and finish, it works just fine. I'd dare say it would work the other way, and you'd end up with a better barrel to boot. Should be easier to find too, 870 being the most successful commercial firearm ever produced and all. So I understand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.