need help with razr

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by pills, Dec 30, 2007.

1. pills

pills Guest

Ok I figure someone out there has an answer. My wifey got a V3c razr for Christmas. She loves it with the exception she cant receive from her friends via bluetooth. She can send all day long but cannot receive. She has tried several different friends and all have the same problem.

I have connected via my laptop and can receive from the phone but can't send back.

Any ideas?

2. who is it with? verizon? if so thats your problem. A friend of mine and I tried to send some ring tones back and forth but couldn't. He researched it and it turned out that it was verizon's software on the phones. They're notorious for locking down hardware.

3. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

call verizon and MAKE them sort it out. Its not your fault, it thiers.

SW

4. knowing verizon i'm gonna vote no dice.

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

As a verizon customer I can honestly say:

If it's on their phone, they are NEVER at fault. They will admit no fault. They will make you pay for YOUR error, since it is YOUR phone. All their software is perfect, and if there is an error on your bill or your phone bugs out, well, it's YOUR problem that eventually they MIGHT fix for you if you don't say the wrong thing to the wrong operator and they simply hang up on you (happens about every time I call them: I get hung up on at least one.)

6. Verizon makes it easy to dislike them. A friend of mine wants to switch from AllTel because Verizon has better coverage in his area (rural AZ) I've told him he's just switching from one company he'll hate to another, but he's sure Verizon will be better...

7. If you are trying to get ringtones onto the razr - use Mobile17 - it's free. A bit time consuming, but once you have one, you have it. If you want more details on this topic, PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

8. pills

pills Guest

It is with US Cellular.

9. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    Sounds like you need to to mod the phone to work. Check it out on the web, I have to do a seem edit to my wifes to get it to work.

10. pills

pills Guest

Update: It was an original razr with the original software. US Cellular upgraded the software for free and it works great now.

11. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad it's working. I was gonna tell you to really fix it line it up tween the crosshairs and BANG all fixed. :wink: :lol: