Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have hi-point model 995. I am think about putting foregrip on my rifle. But not sure witch one to get. I know I do not like the flip up grip. Could you all help me please.

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,162 Posts
Hi all I have hi-point model 995. I am think about putting foregrip on my rifle. But not sure witch one to get. I know I do not like the flip up grip. Could you all help me please.
Is it the old 995 or the newer 995TS with rails?
Assuming it’s a TS, and it’s got an OEM rail, it will be a Weaver, and NOT a Pic rail.
SOME Pic things will magically work, most won’t.
So you’re going to have to find an odd Weaver rail grip, if there is one.
Or use a file and modify the rail to fit a Pic fitted grip.
There are Pic rails on the aftermarket, you could install one and then use any Pic rail grip you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it the old 995 or the newer 995TS with rails?
Assuming it’s a TS, and it’s got an OEM rail, it will be a Weaver, and NOT a Pic rail.
SOME Pic things will magically work, most won’t.
So you’re going to have to find an odd Weaver rail grip, if there is one.
Or use a file and modify the rail to fit a Pic fitted grip.
There are Pic rails on the aftermarket, you could install one and then use any Pic rail grip you want.
The only other one I know of is the 45* angle grip (MAGPUL AFG-2® – Angled Fore Grip 1913 Picatinny – Product Review) from magpul. What's the issue with the folding grip?
just not a fan of the folding grips

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
just not a fan of the folding grips
To each his own. I've never used front grip of any kind for the same reason - just don't like them. And for me, putting that angle grip on a HP is like putting lipstick on a pig UGLY with a capital UG!! But some like them, so there's that

Reactions: Rerun

·
Administrator
28,714 Posts
To each his own. I've never used front grip of any kind for the same reason - just don't like them. And for me, putting that angle grip on a HP is like putting lipstick on a pig UGLY with a capital UG!! But some like them, so there's that
I had a donation FG that I put on my KT Sub2K. Still had some grime on it from "The Sandbox."

I like it on the subby but I don't think I'd like it on an AR, mainly because of where the cheek weld happens on each.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: histed

·
Super Moderator
5,064 Posts
I had a donation FG that I put on my KT Sub2K. Still had some grime on it from "The Sandbox."

I like it on the subby but I don't think I'd like it on an AR, mainly because of where the cheek weld happens on each.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
I'm not familiar with Sub2k.

·
Administrator
28,714 Posts
I'm not familiar with Sub2k.
I have a 1st Gen Sub2000, which is a re-roll of the Sub-9. On all three, the Sub2000 Gen 1/2 and the Sub-9, the height of the sight over bore is remarkably low. I very nearly have to get my cheek weld so that it feels like my eye is scarcely higher than the bore-line itself. And with the stock being at the same height as the muzzle line, in order to get an appropriate cheek weld, I can choose to put the stock in my shoulder pocket and then crank my head WAAAY over to sight down the line or move the stock way up my shoulder until only the bottom 1/4 of the stock is on my shoulder at all. It's my biggest complaint about this gun.

Some people solve this buy putting an optic on which comes up higher (or a riser), while others move the stock out of the pocket and on to the pectoral and take a much more stright-on stance which is becoming more popular and common for AR shooters because of the rise of body armor. Ben Branam has a video of the technique here:

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: Rerun and histed
1 - 8 of 8 Posts