Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about ammo reloaders. I was looking at the Lee reloaders, but I have no idea where to begin, as there are so many different kits. I am looking at reusing shot brass and using new. If anyone can help, please do.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I opted for the Lee turret press kit for pistol. I reload 9mm and 45acp and couldn't be happier with it. It is not as complete as you are lead to believe. There are a couple of extra goodies that make it perform much better. It is a good cross between a single stage press and a full progressive press.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I started with a RCBS single stage for about two weeks. Moved to the Lee turret for 20 years. Now I use two Pro 1000s.

Single stage = 20 rounds/hour (rough estimate). Must replace the die for each stage.

My turret press using auto indexing = 100/150 rounds/hour. All dies are set and rotate with the auto index. Three or four pulls of the handle per completed bullet.

My Pro 1000 = 100 rounds in seven minutes. One pull of the handle does all three stages, one bullet per pull. It takes roughly 3 minutes to reload the primer tray, powder hopper and the case tubes. 600 rounds per hour is a doable number if you just want a massive amount of bullets made fast.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Loading equipment is like cars everyone has a favorite. Lee is priced right and does the job from all I've read on here, I don't have a press just a Lee Loader, done with a hammer. I think though Lee is a fine place to start.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Lee loader guy myself.. as right now I only reload 9mm

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm surprised everyone didn't answer with something different.
Everyone has their own preference.
I have and use the following:

Lee Loader classic for .38 Spec
(less than 50 rounds a year)

Lee Hand press
(in a box somewhere)

RCBS Partner Press
(Single-stage press)(200 casings a day)

If you can't tell, I re-load and do brass as a stress relief.
Just depends what / why you want to re-load, and in what quantities.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Lee loader guy myself.. as right now I only reload 9mm
It is sort of surprising how many Lee Loader guys there are as much as people poo poo it! I'm sure I will get a press one day, but I am happy enough with my Lee Loader, that I can make do while I stock up on other things are a higher priority for me

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I want to try lee loading, but i can crank out alot more at my press. I am thinking of getting one in 7.62 x 54r and try delmar primers on a silicon wolverine berdan dcapper using home grown supervirgil cast bullets.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I want to try lee loading, but i can crank out alot more at my press.
I'm quite sure that's right!
I am thinking of getting one in 7.62 x 54r and try delmar primers on a silicon wolverine berdan dcapper using home grown supervirgil cast bullets.
(causes Delmar to smile)

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I am a nra cert reloading instur if that matters.I suggest you contact a reloader in your area talk to them about info.start simple one cartage. i suggest you not start with 9mm ,it is a auto round and can be a bit tricky for a novice.a round like 38 is good to start I will happy to assist if you need help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.