Need more ammo...

Discussion in 'Training' started by lklawson, Feb 1, 2018.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

My usual cc guns are single stack. When I IWB, I'm at 7+1. When I pocket, I'm at 6+1. In both cases I belt carry a spare magazine/reload.

You know how people are saying that it is becoming more common for bad guys to run in packs?

How does 7 sound?

http://www.whio.com/news/local/repo...armed-robbery-suspect/4IL420x5DdgJe0XcuOWt7H/

Yup. My town.

I may have to move to doublestack. :(

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

yworrydog and moona11 like this.
  2. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I carry a full size gun now that gun of the day is what ever floats my boat that day i have a lot to choose from. From Canik with 20 rd mags to 1911 that holds 8rds. But I always carry 2 spare mags for the gun of the day. I also carry a pocket 380 usually the Ruger LCP and I carry 1 spare mag for that. Its getting scary out there. i don't blame you. Ammo I carry Store bought SD, or my own reloads that are range ammo or SD ammo I made. I also have AR pistols in all my vehicles with a full load out plus a Sig 2340 with 6 mags with each AR. Ya if I run out of ammo the worlds over.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I go by that plaza all the time. It's less than a mile from my house and my dad was working in the Lowe's just down plaza from the AT&T store.

Unfortunately, working on Base means I can't CC going to or from work and I can't loadout my car. Those guards that I hand my ID to every morning are pack'n M16's. That's fine while I'm on base. Not so much when I leave or on my way too. :(

That said, I like my job and want to keep working.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

eldarbeast and Merle like this.
  4. mn_doggie

mn_doggie Member

MN
    You're runnin' as much firepower as the Super Bowl security group.....

DIRSUPop likes this.
  5. moona11

Maybe more. Been thinking of adding a shotguns also. I got a bunch (6) of Tristar knockoffs for $110 a pop. To many guns to know what to do with. So I need to get creative

6. DIRSUPop

DIRSUPop Supporting Member

An 18" barrel pump shotgun is ideal....no CCW needed......and nothing gets folks attention quicker than the sound when you rack a round in a shotgun.....

daveindenver likes this.
  7. moona11

If I rack it I would eject a round. Its a old story told for ever by old people. Now You carry fully loaded saves time and 1 extra round to put down range.

8. DIRSUPop

...and do NOT fire a warning shot first......when you tag them on the next shot, their lawyer will say it was pre-meditated based on your already firing the warning shot, indicating you "intended" to shoot them.....(got a friend facing that charge in TN right now....)

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    The first guy falling on his face is the warning shot for the rest of them.

retread, planosteve, SDProf and 3 others like this.
  10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I was thinking my P11 (12+1) would be sufficient, or at worst my new G19, but with 7 goblins I might have to get that RP9 after all or maybe even a PMR30!

(mobile)

[Corrected 17 -> 19]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Pistolkitty and moona11 like this.
  11. DIRSUPop

Choices, choices....PT111 G2 15+1, the Kel-tec P11 12+1, or go big with the PPS43C with the 32 rd stick. (yeah, it's rated as a pistol).....only having to buy one caliber of ammo, allows for large bulk purchases, and keeps the whole 9 mike mike family happy :)

12. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

SIG P250c is a good carry weapon with 14 rounds of .357 SIG goodness.

Another fun choice could be my Para 14-45 1911 .45acp

Dagwood likes this.
  13. SWAGA

SWAGA Lifetime Supporter

Pocket .380 I’m 5+1 but lately I’ve been carrying the Model 70 with 7+1.
    Carry both with spare mags.

7 bad guys though.
    Makes me wonder how many you’d need to shoot for the rest to run.
    2-3?

Unfortunately these are all stupid kids that are going to get themselves and each other killed.

F7554DF6-F40C-4F16-AC3F-7FDF23DE3BEA.jpeg

14. Jhow79

Jhow79 Supporting Member

The RP9 is a hell of a pistol for the price, for awhile there with the Taurus rebate you could pick one up for right around $200. I've only shot one, never holstered or carried, pretty big piece though for cc. Although I'm sure with right holster and clothing it would be fine.

15. moona11

I really like my Para 14.

Dagwood likes this.
  16. moona11

Na it's like carrying any full size. Easy to do. I prefer to carry full size. Right now I've been carrying the Walther PPX this week since I got a new holster for my 40. It's a good gun but also a cheap gun so of I beat it up I don't care.

17. ArmyRover

ArmyRover Supporting Member

Me to, great shooting pistol

moona11 likes this.
  18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Looks like one was toting a Sub2000 from that grainy pic.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

12+1.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Sell something and get a G19. I carry 1 17rd Magpul minimum when toting a 9mm Glock. The Taurus requires more practice to work that trigger right. Glock is more natural than the strange T trigger. I have one of each. Even have a 709slim. Can't skimp on the family safety. Pry open that wallet wipe out the cobwebs. Sell something if you have to. Gen3's are dirt cheap in the used market.