Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im watching a new movie called right at your door dealing with bio bombs going off and martial law,
panic,ect.it's pretty good and i was wondering if you guys might know of any other type movie's
like it so i can kinda get a feal of such a situation and what to do.i know it's fake but in a way
it doe's help.cant wait to get some of the stuff back i use to have when rumors were going around
about a race war some years back.any movie's would be apreaiated,spell check didn't help me with this word lol.

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
appreciated is what youre looking for. ;)

lets see here
the stand
defcon-2
any of the road warrior/mad max movies
the resident evil series
there are a bunch of others but my brain is about asleep right now.

SW

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
There's a pretty good series on Spike called surviving disaster, its on right now, so Tues at 9pm or so depending where ya are. The guy takes a scenario and runs you through it. like tonight is nuclear attack. I find it pretty helpful and the guy seems to know his stuff.

Movies: (These are general with many different themes)
Dawn of the dead

I am Legend (or the version I like better is The Omega Man starring Charlton Heston)

Red Dawn (of course)

Deliverance

Alive

Black Hawk Down (All out everyone is trying to kill you)

A boy and his dog (sort of a cult gem but I loved it Don Johnson when he was just starting out)

Apocalypto (This is a brilliant film)

Dersu Uzala (This is a Kurosawa film so its japanese with subtitles about an old guide getting a russian explorer and troops through mountain passes in the far east)

The Thing (the newer one with Kurt russell)

The Mist

28 Days Later

The Day After (NOT the Day after Tomorrow(which was pure tripe)..Just "The Day After" starring Jason Robards)

Silent Running starring Bruce Dern

That's all I can think of right now

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a mill guys that's alot i got to look forward to.i h ave seen some but only
maybe like 4 out of everyone's put together. :yay!: Thanks again to SW,45, for all the movies and
sedition ill try to find that tv show as well.as for the movie i watched last nite i thought it was
going to be good when i was in it only 15 mins.let's just say i'll never get that hour and half back
of my life back. :cry2:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Its not a Movie but i loved both seasons of Jericho

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
The Trigger Effect.
The Day After Tommorrow.
Panic in the Year Zero.
Omega Man.
Assault on Precinct 13 (1976)

·
Premium Member
3,848 Posts
The Last Man (2000), starring Jerry Ryan.

Tremors, both the series and the movies. If only they had just done what Bert told them to do......

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are some pretty good movies,thanks alot.ofcourse i haven't watched
them all yet but im working on it.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
+1 to 28 Days Later. Zombies that can sprint?!?!? Totally fracked up my defensive plans! :cantlook:

Along that vein is Zombieland in that it actually has some pretty good advice (Beware of restrooms. Do cardio. Check your backseat before driving. &c.)

Most of the films already mentioned are available to watch free online here: http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/

There's a film being released in Nov. I believe called The Road with Viggo Mortgensen. http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3885105689/

Looks solid.

-'b

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the links! i forgot a new movie called the crazies is suppose to come out soon.they were shootin alot of the movie here
in macon up the road from me and in another county south of here.im hopeing they aren't going to depict us as some hillbillies from
a swamp or whatever.but anyway the main guy in the movie is timothy olyphant.you wil know him from diehard 4 and the hitman.his
lat movie was the perfect getaway.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I meant "The Day After", NOT "The Day After Tomorrow". I cant believe I could miss type that. I'm going to take a shower now.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea i'll never forget "The Day After" since i watched it as a child.i finally watched threads and some others and were good.i like 28 Days later and i think it's 28 Weeks Later,i was alost amazed and discouraged
how fast they could move lol.also i learn how people always seem to have a leader somehow and want to take charge and that could also be a probalem.thank's again for the movie's guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts