Need parts for (Fabriq D'armes de Gue Liberty .25 ACP)

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jokersback11, Dec 15, 2014.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Apparently, it's a copy of the FN 1905 so parts should be more or less interchangeable. The FN M1905 is apparently a close, though not identical, copy of the Colt Model 1908 Vest Pocket so parts for that should be mostly interchangeable.

Check Numrich, Gun Parts Warehouse, Bob's, BuyMilSurp, and others for compatible parts.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014

2. I've got a very small collection of Eibar .25s including a Liberty (mine has an 8 round magazine) finding parts for Eibar pistols is always a challenge. Although these guns look very much alike, parts interchange is a definite "perhaps" with a dash of "maybe" thrown in for good measure. What specific parts are you looking for?

3. I've got a Liberty, a Bronco, a Protector, a Ydeal, and a Venus all in .25 and an assortment of odd ball parts.

4. jokersback11

jokersback11 Member

Clip,mines busted up did not know till after payed for it. 100 rounds wint throw yesterday but not kickin the rounds all the way out to load new one in. And maybe diff grips looks like thay cought fire or a lot of heat.

5. TripleK will probably have the mag that you need and perhaps the grips too. They can be a tad expensive though. There were a couple different Liberty pistols made by different Eibar shops. I made some wood grips and a safety for my Ydeal; they look lousy but do the job.

6. jokersback11

jokersback11 Member

I never heard of triple k. And I took the slide safty off but the grip safty is still all good. I like it better that way lol. Look in the gunsmith form I have another q:a with a pic from swaga it's the first one he put up.

7. That's a nice looking gun - definitely a direct copy of the 3rd (and most popular) version of the Browning M1905.
    I thought everybody knew of Triple K. Here's-a link directly to the "L" section of the TripleK site. Looks like they don't have a mag for the Liberty you have though. :( http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/manuf/L/

You might persure the TripleK catalog anyway; they might have the parts under a different name. (Eibar manufacturers often made guns under multiple names- that's what makes them so frustrating!

8. jokersback11

jokersback11 Member

Ikr I only payed 70 for it at to gunshow satday lol

9. Because of questionable metallurgy and quality (and lack of parts!) Eibar .25 and .32 pistols don't command very high prices, but I'd say you did okay on yours. I decided not to go over $75 on them, but the prices have been inching higher every year. The max I've paid was $110 for the Liberty, and the only reason I did it was because I thought it was cool with the higher capacity magazine. The others were only around $40 each -but they weren't working at the time of purchase. All but one is now functioning, but it's taken a while to find parts that actually worked and I did do a lot of fitting. One thing I've tried -with limited success- is using magazines from the .25 caliber Saturday Night Specials (Jennings, Raven, Lorcin, Sundance). Next gun show take that mag with you and compare it to these- you may find a very inexpensive solution.

10. Here's a pic of my homemade safety. Notice the cracked slide; i'm still searching for the correct replacement (I'm on slide #3) :confused:

Attached Files:

11. jokersback11

jokersback11 Member

Raven .25 worked with a lil mob from the gunsmith lol picked a new clip up for ten $ ( was in the parts bin ) how is the slide cracking ?

12. I love it when a Raven comes to the rescue! That's excellent. :)
    When I got the Protector, it was thickly covered in black paint and the crack wasn't immediately visible to me. Once I got the paint off... there it was. The recoil spring was pretty trashed; I suspect the slide was slamming into the frame every time it was fired. I've purchased two "Protector" slides and neither one fit - a classic situation for one of these pistols.

BTW, not all Eibar of the pistols of this time period are of questionable quality, some were well made. There's a lot of useful information out there - here's kind of an abridged version of the story of early Eibar gun production. http://www.shootingtimes.com/handguns/handgun_reviews_st_spanishruby_200907/

13. jokersback11

jokersback11 Member

That was a good read Ty have you thought about having a gunsmith wire weld it and file it back smooth. It should give it some back bone and u wont have to worry about it brake in on you. Just a thought lol Ps mines a colt 1908 vest pocket knock off lol but with the new clip and hornady hollows in it, now she's my every day carry lol only time I don't have it is bed and work. O ya the gunsmith I go to put 6 shots throw the new clip with my liberty and sayed it was spot on just needed the oil the slide and I'd have no prob carrying as a ccw.

14. Yup I've thought about it, but haven't gotten to that point yet.
    Glad to hear your pistol is up and running :)

15. This was my most recent Eibar pistol grab. $38 shipped to my FFL.
    I got it all back together but it is still not working every time I pull the trigger. But it will shortly. :)

Interestingly enough, the slide serrations on this "Venus 25" are like your Liberty: they're not curved like a lot of Spanish Eibar pistols.

[​IMG]

16. jokersback11

jokersback11 Member

Like that one lol looks about like mine. The guts are diff. But style is the same. I would love the find another .25-.32 cal. That looks like that I love fixing and taring them down to make them work. If you find one plz point me to it lol Ty