Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

What should I do?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...I'm trying to decide what I want to do here. I've been holding off on getting the new slide for my 1911 with the adjustable sights and whatnot because I have some other parts I need to get for some of my other weapons first. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should sell the 1911 off and get a Glock .45 or something instead. I already have a lot of money in the gun, and with the new slide that'll add another $300 or so to that count. Right now the 1911 is basically useless because the sights are so off.

Opinions? Should I sell off the 1911 and snag another .45 or upgrade the slide to get the adjustable sights?

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Just get a new slide man, it's less money and you well be able to get your money out of your investment.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I'm leaning towards...but it's a rough decision. I already have 8 or so mags for the 1911, and I just really like the platform but I wanted to see what everybody else thought first.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
I don't see how the sights can be that far off on a 1911 the only adjustment is windage and the rear sight is dovetailed in so you just drift it whichever direction it needs to go. Hell it's a 1911 it was never designed to be a precision instrument just kill charging Moros hopped up on opium and Germans at close range. I recommend you get it in to be looked at by a reputable gunsmith and find out whats going on internally. Have you looked at the barrel link pins? If they're sloppy and the gun locks up loose it won't shoot consistently, same same for the barrel bushing. I've ovned a couple and always been happy with them, a half a million dead japs can't be wrong!

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything about the gun is nice and tight, but it groups left and low enough to cause me problems. For me to feel like I can rely on it, the sights should at least be close to the POI, but these are so far off it's useless. Everybody that I've let shoot the gun has problems hitting anything, so I know it's not just me. The reason the guy I bought it from sold it is because the sights were so far off and he didn't wanna throw that much money at it.

·
Banned
19,446 Posts
for the price of the slide you can buy a gen II LEO trade in G21 fro SOG, trade the 1911 off and buy a bunch of mags and ammo with the money. go glock.

SW

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
It depends on your hands, the G21 feels like a square turd in mine, the felt recoil seems much higher then my norinco 1911 and the sights are too big in my opinion. but spend some range time with one and a good 1911 and pick the one that works best for you.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for the price of the slide you can buy a gen II LEO trade in G21 fro SOG, trade the 1911 off and buy a bunch of mags and ammo with the money. go glock.

SW
I didn't see any at SOG, and Summit Gun Broker says all of theirs are SPF. Do you know any other places that have them (other than GunBroker?)

·
Registered
799 Posts

SW
+1
I would atleast go shoot a Glock if I were you. It will answer the question for you. You will either start a life time love afair of you will despise that ugly tuperware gun.

But I love glocks the more I shoot them. I haqve had a 1911 style weapon and a 92 style weapon I liked them both but I love the glock, and I dont even own one yet :'( I plan on getting rid of my Pt 92 and getting into a G22

1 - 12 of 12 Posts