Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 995 last week, took it out to the range today and shot 3 rounds through it and it locked up and I can't get it unlocked. The chamber is back, have taken the thing apart and still can't get it back. ANyone have any ideas. I tried to call HP today but they were already closed. Tomorrow I will be back at Dunhams where I bought it at. I don't know if they will exchange it or make me send it back. I wasn't very happy needless to say, only 3 rounds went through it.
Any help here from anyone. thx.

roger

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
is it locked up with an empty case or a live round in the chamber? if its an empty case its proably just stuck. if its a live round you need to have someone who knows what they're doing get it out for you. DO NOT ship it or take it anywhere with a live round in the gun. the risk of an AD is too great. an empty case can be knocked out with a cleaning rod, a live round must be more carefully taken care of. in any case make sure it is on safe, and always pointed in a safe direction.

SW

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its locked open with no rounds in it at all. The mags is out and still locked. One thing I did notice was that the safety was off but it also won't close either. I don't want to force anything real hard for fear of really breaking something.

roger

·
Registered
847 Posts
Just covering the basics:

Are you sure the bolt is not locked back (that sliding nut thing on the charging handle).

If its completely empty (no live rounds) I would start taking it apart to see where it is jammed up. Mine never jammed, but it did have a nasty burr left from the factory that I removed before taking her out on her maiden voyage.

I would not feel to bad about forcing it shut... after all they do have a lifetime no questions asked warranty... if your gona send it in, might as well try to figure out whats wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I have to ask this. Dont take it as an insult. We are trying to help you troubleshoot.....

Are you sure that the charging handle sleeve is not in the pushed in "lock open" position?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
+1 to Bushman

Try and do everything you can to it before shipping it back to 'Mother.' You may end up fixing it and save yourself a lot of time and heartache. Don't worry about breaking it, besides, it's technically broken now.

HP has a NO QUESTIONS ASKED warranty.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Jarse

G

·
Take the charging handle out and remove the receiver cover. Look around to see if you see anything. If you don't see anything then look at the sticky and disassemble it and find what broke . If it is something small and you feel comfortable doing it mother will send you the parts normally. If you want there is a you tube video on taking the 995 apart and is a very well made video.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I fixed 1 problem today, took my 995 back to Dunhams Sporting, they are shipping it back to HP for nothing. Might take up to 6 weeks, not fond of that.
So what did I do next. I bought a 4095, W/Scope attached. These things were on sale and I couldn't turn down the price. And the 995 model is on sale also. They are $154.00 + tax. I know my son is going back to get one for that price.
I hope this one works. Ammo prices are terrible for this thing. Now I'm gonna sell my Walther PPKS 380. cal.
Thanks for all the combacks.

roger

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I went in today and just missed the $154 price but still picked one up for $164 plus I have a 10% off card so I snagged one for $158.04 out the door!!!I can't wait to break it in this weekend. I have about 400 rounds and I will probably pick up another 100 before then. I can't wait to order the ATI stock!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts