Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a guy i know has a hi point 380 and the slide hangs up when he hits the slide release when a mag is inserted. he has tried it with 2 different mags an 8rd and a 10rd mag, full or empty when he hits the slide release when the mag is inserted the slide always stays open. i told him i didn't know but would look around online to see if i can see why but i know next to nothing about hi points anyways thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Well, I can tell you that when the mag is empty & the slide release is released it will engage the LRHO feature. You will have to remove the magazine to get the slide to move forward.

As for the slide release not allowing a round to cycle when the magazine is full, I can only think that he needs to put a drop of oil onto the slide release mechanism. It is located on the left side, just above the trigger & hidden under the slide. You can just see it peeking out at the notch there. If you lock the slide back you can see it better & it may be easier to put a drop on from there.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I like reading all the answers to problems you all are great here I am learning so much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts