need your input

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by 09ultraclassic, Apr 20, 2014.

1. 09ultraclassic

09ultraclassic Member

bought my 995 used, barrel needed cleaned but had to put a few rounds down it just for fun to start..lol.... 1st sot went off, next round nothing, didn't even extract the shell, got that one out and tried again. shot 4-5 times no problem then did the same thing again live round chambered but no BANG. and wouldn't eject again.. then tried again and ran about 7-8 without a problem... Any suggestions? I brought it home and cleaned it but haven't had a chance to get back out..... what u think ? just needs a good cleaning or something else?? Thanks in advance ... be safe....:)

2. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

Did you check for a bent firing pin? Very common problem with the older style guns.

Ya like whatcha like

3. Fishy1

Fishy1 Member

This is the older style pin and spring/spacer from my 995. If yours looks like this you will want to call Hi Point for a free spring and firing pin upgrade whether it's bent or not.

Ya like whatcha like

Attached Files:

4. 09ultraclassic

09ultraclassic Member

thanks for your input I will call...

5. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Did the unfired rounds have any sign of a hit on the primer?

6. 09ultraclassic

09ultraclassic Member

yes, you could see where the pin had hit the primer... yesterday had it out again and the same thing.... I also tried tul ammo rounds and 9 out of 10 did NOT fire

7. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    My money's on a weak firing pin spring.

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Considering the life time warranty you may as well mail it back to HP and for the cost of shipping ($15-$20) you get a completely refurbished gun back.

9. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

Yeah, a new firing pin and springs would be a worthwhile change. I'd spin a brush in the chamber also if the rounds are sticking.

10. 09ultraclassic

09ultraclassic Member

thanks guys... waiting on parts to arrive and will see what happens:D