Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just kinda fell into a NEF Pardner Turkey, its a cool little gun and the price was RIGHT.
What Im trying to find out is can you get these fitted with other barrels like the H&R's ? I know you have to send them off to the mothership to get them refitted but from what I understand that runs about $160.00 to get done even after shipping. If thats the case i would love to turn this thing into a varminter. If not it was still a $100.00 turkey gun and I wount be horribly disapointed.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Taken from the H&R NEF website:

Barrel Accessory Program

* Additional barrels may be added to firearms of our manufacture since 1987 only, with a serial number that begins with N or H. We do not install additional barrels on any other manufacturer's firearms.
* Additional barrels are available as additional barrels only. We will not exchange barrels for existing barrels on shotguns and rifles, as it will change the model.
* Rifle frames may be fitted with additional rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader barrels.
* Shotgun frames may be fitted with additional shotgun and muzzleloader barrels only.
* We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted.
* We do not sell barrel blanks or do custom calibers.
* In order to obtain an additional barrel(s), the stock, forend and frame (receiver) must be sent to us so they may be properly hand-fitted to the barrel, to be sure they are correctly head-spaced and proof-tested.

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

Might be able to find a smitty to attempt it for you, or go get a Rossi.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If it is the SB1 model, you can get the .45 LC / .410 barrel fitted for it, at least.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guesse I could get the heavy rifled 12ga barrel seems a bit much for varmints but hey they are varmints they deserve it.
Thanks for the help Leadslinger I looked all over that site trying to find referance to the barrel swapping, But now I am really interested in the rifles I didnt realize the barrels were so cheap. Its a poormans T/C I esspecially like the idea of having a 357 rifle.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I own a NEF Pardner 12G, and love the thing. I added about 1.5 pounds of shot to the stock and it's ever so much more comfortable to shoot, now. Only problem I ever had with it was the firing pin punching holes in the primers of a batch of (very expensive) trap loads I bought for it.

I would love to have .223 (open-sight model) and .357M (open sight model) barrels, but would have to buy a new rifle in a config that I *don't* want to get the receiver so I can get the new barrels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.