Neighbor noises

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by slade601, Feb 9, 2015.

1. slade601

slade601 Member

Okay, so I'm currently living in city limits. Not use to having neighbors close by. I'm usually up late and I'm a smoker. The people next door moved in about a month ago. Loud and arguing every now and again, usually in the morning.

So every now and again when I go outside for a cigarette I can hear the woman in there.(usually past midnight) the first time it sounded like moaning. Okay... None of my business, but we can hear you.
    Some other times were right after getting back from work at about 5 am. Same moaning/screaming noise.

And just now I heard her again, this time it sounded more like horror screaming. It'd go on for about five seconds and stop and then start again. I assume she's there alone. Hers is the only car there when it happens. I'm honestly not sure what to think about it. Maybe she has night terrors or a good time? I honestly don't want to go knock and get into some awkward situation with her.

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

You could just leave it alone. And when the cops knock on your door (after something serious happens) to ask if you have ever heard anything next door, you can either say you heard NOTHING or I didn't want to get involved, it was NONE of my business?

3. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Or at some other point in the day while its not going on let her know you can hear it and find out if everything is alright.

4. I guess when you see her you could say 'did you hear screaming last night" to down play asking her outright. Does she appear outside every day?

A little spooky that it happens every night.

5. Too much tiptoeing; my neighbors did that back in Ohio. And they were into some freaky stuff. I'm blunt; I knocked on their door and flat-out told them, "Look, I can hear you every night you do it; I don't care what you do, but it's not private if I can hear the animal noises." Not the actual quote, but you get the picture. You're both adults, just tell her.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

If it freaks you out and you really don't want to get involved (like knocking on the door), then just call the cops, tell them that you think you heard some one injured. They'll go out and check and your conscience will be clear.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

7. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

I think Buckeye Dave and Macho Melvin both have valid thoughts. I would think "it's none of your f**king business" is about all she could say. Who knows, you might get lucky ;). Just kidding. Are you sure she doesn't have a senior family member living with her? The elderly with dementia do that sometimes. I know this for sure. They get scared. Or is it abuse?
    Seriously, there could be something really ugly going down in that house. Sadly, that sort of abuse happens every day. :(

8. slade601

slade601 Member

The only people I've ever seen there were her, some guy, now some other guy when one trucks gone, and a kid.

Not really sure where the kids been though. He use to run around and play in our yard just completely unsupervised and they had never said a word to us prior.

I wouldn't say I'm worried about all this or anything, just extremely curious at this point.

9. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Maybe she has two "B"friends and likes the rough stuff ...or they do :rolleyes: Ya just never know these days. I definitely wouldn't ask if one of the guys were there at the time. That might get ugly :eek:

10. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

maybe she has a sybian. :p

11. fatal-bert33

fatal-bert33 Member

If she were my neighbor, I would knock on her door, politely introduce myself and ask her if she is okay.

12. slade601

slade601 Member

Oh the humanity!! :p

13. ItBeMe

ItBeMe Member

If it were me I would just look in the window, that would give her something to scream about.

14. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I'm an a$$... I'd just sit on my porch and when she walked outside I'd say, "Wow! I didn't think you'd be able to walk today after hearing the pounding you took!"

But that's just me... :p

15. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Friends had a parrot that screamed, annoyed the frick out of me.

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I never lived next door to you. I'm sure of it.

Among his many vocal talents my parrot can perfectly mimic a dog barking, a baby crying, a person yelling for help and a woman having an explosive orgasm. My neighbors just love me.

17. Branth

Branth Member

I dunno, man. If you can't get laid however you want in your own house, where can you?

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Its underground with his donkey. Tell him to knock it off and then call PETA. :-D

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

He lived in gvt housing for base personnel. Basically 2 or 4 unit duplexes. Not quite apartments, but close. If you're among the lucky, the walls separating residences are made of cardboard. The unlucky have separating walls made of rice paper.

For some reason, sound is not well dampened from one residence to the next.

:)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

20. Some people get annoyed by noises, some people don't. A dripping faucet is more annoying than a lady having an orgasm. I guess if a person is not getting any themselves it could be very tough to hear others getting it.