·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard anything from Neo?

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
I see him post stuff on Twitter a lot, he doesn't ever reply if I message him on there though. Apparently he got a vehicle a couple of days ago after his scooter fiascos.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Well I hope he is doing better! I know we can't all help monetarily but I know we all are keeping him in our thoughts!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

·
Registered
186 Posts
This place is less interesting without our resident liberal. I hope things have finally headed up for him. Sometimes you catch a bad run of luck and you just have to grit your teeth and hold on until it cycles through.

·
Banned
19,442 Posts
after GLP got banned the leftie crowd around here is about non-existant anymore. i like neo, he could present the leftist point without going batshit crazy like most of them do.

SW

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yea, Neo was (is) a classie guy-- Although our opinions differed, he always seemed respectful of different views. I hope his job picked up for him, and he is just too busy to post...

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
after GLP got banned the leftie crowd around here is about non-existant anymore. i like neo, he could present the leftist point without going batshat crazy like most of them do.

SW
Hey i'm still here! Didn't know the other fella got the boot. Oh well

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
after GLP got banned the leftie crowd around here is about non-existant anymore. i like neo, he could present the leftist point without going batshat crazy like most of them do.

SW
man, couldn't stand that guy...neo was about as left as i could go without vomitting a little in my mouth. but i have to stand by a fellow Arizonian!

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
I know Neo said he was done, but if anyone hears from him can ya post an update. I find myself wondering about the fella and how he is getting through the ordeal.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Yeah Neo I could get along with BC he always had a well thought out comment! He also was classy enough to not flame or troll even when he positively disagreed with the post!

Come on back Neo we miss you around here!

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Guys, we can't forget that Neo is going through a battle with testicular cancer as well. He doesn't have any medical insurance and getting treatment without it is difficult at best, and for him so far, it's been damn near impossible. Keep praying for him, hopefully we'll see him around here soon once he can get treatment for his medical issues.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm still disappointed that the forum members only gave $167 to the fund that pig-tails set up! Jeez.... how many member belong, and everyone could have spared at least a couple of bucks to help out a friend in real NEED !!! Most of us know what real hardship Neo was/is facing..... and still only $167.... :mad: OK .... Rant off......

·
Registered
284 Posts
Agreed. HOWEVER, the funds that WERE donated were more than generous of you guys, so that's cool at least. The $167 probably helped him out with rent or some such thing for the month, which I'm sure offered some modicum of relief.

I'm pretty sure Neo gets an email just like everyone else when he gets messages on here, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't reply, but that's his business. I hope he at least thanked you all for the donations. A few people have sent me messages asking how he's doing, and I really don't know much more than anyone else, I haven't really been keeping up on his twitter feed either.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well, I didn't really agree with his ideals, but I would defend to the death his right to have them. And having several family members, including my mom who lost her battle with cancer, I know how hard that is. I'll be hoping and praying for his health and there has to be something to help him out with medical bills. The hospitals write off billions in unpaid medical bills each year from those without medical insurance.......

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm still disappointed that the forum members only gave $167 to the fund that pig-tails set up! Jeez.... how many member belong, and everyone could have spared at least a couple of bucks to help out a friend in real NEED !!! Most of us know what real hardship Neo was/is facing..... and still only $167.... :mad: OK .... Rant off......
To be fair, I am sure many would have given if they could-- I make barely half what I did a year ago, and I have 4 kids, an ex wife (and a current wife), house note, car payments, medical bills, legal battle with wifes ex husband, etc...I just could not afford it--

Like they say, do what you can--IF you can.

I do wish Neo the best, and hope that his situation (and all of ours) improves.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
I have received the messages. I haven't replied simply because things have been a bit rough and I really haven't been home much. So, I suppose a reader's digest version is in order:

First off...thank you all VERY much for the kind words and the offers to help me get back on my feet. It means quite a bit to me. I've had a few complications that have thrown a wrench into the medical state of things, and I just recently got back home after a stint for some complications due to (of all things) a dental infection and a combination of painkillers that weren't supposed to go together. Things are on the mend, but it's slow going right now.

But, there are a few bright spots although some here wouldn't consider them such knowing the political bent of more than a few people on here. I've been kept at least mentally active with a show I'm helping to produce at ChyroArts Venue in Scottsdale and with some volunteer work with the National Health Care initiative currently in the House and Senate at the state level here in Arizona. Mainly it's helping to organize some rallies and venue space at some of the University's performance venues but it keeps me active since the cab driving thing is no longer an employment option, and bookings are down at the theater.

Another good thing is that, while I had to sell my Hi-Points (yes...all of them including the ammo), the money from those combined with the generous offer helped me to actually get a car! I found a VERY good deal on a 1997 Chevy Cavalier that is actually in very good shape, and it has helped a TON considering the recent month's health "surprises" and not having to fight mass transit and bugging my sister for rides (although she's been very gracious about it). While a Cavalier wouldn't be my first choice in a perfect world, right now it's a great solution, and has been serving very well. Like all used cars it needs work but surprisingly not very much! No A/C, which is hell in Arizona at 112 degree summers but otherwise it's holding up just fine. Without this, I would surely loose my job at ASU due to lack of transportation in getting there and back! So, in a way you all helped keep me employed when the season does start up again! Thank you.

Another development is a bit more drastic, and has a bunch of legal loop holes to overcome: I *might* be returning to the UK. Not to get political, but for me and many in my position, there is NO health care in this country unless you are extremely wealthy or well connected to corporate insurance plans. Granted I have to "reverse" citizenship entitlements but I might have a lead on a job and a place in either Essex or Cardiff. I don't know much more on it, or even if I can even begin to petition for the move considering that I chose US citizenship when I turned 18 and I would have to commit to a BUNCH of paperwork to be re-registered on the NHS over there, but it's a chance. And, right now, considering how things have gone in the past 2 years, it's a chance I am going to have to at least see if I can take. There is no assurance that this will work, and if not I will have to continue on a plan here that would clear me through Bankruptcy court than attempt to get me covered by a form of insurance assistance that pales in comparison to government health plans in even the worst industrialized nations that this state offers.

But, that is the state of things. Thank you all so much for your help and kind words. They have not gone unheard; they've just been difficult to answer. I've lost quite a bit dealing with everything that has gone on, and nearly all of it without as much as a hand from any other source aside from the encouragement here. You really learn who is what they say they are when things really DO get bad. And, right now, I have to think of what I can do for myself and for others since I've found that the majority (save for the very kind contribution and words from those here that have helped me keep mobile in a city where no car=unemployment ) of folks who SAY will be there for you aren't. For the few that have stuck around, I have alot to work towards to let them know it's worth it and to try to find a solution myself since everyone else is concerned with their little corner of the world and aren't regarding the bigger picture.

So, with that, I'm off to regard a bit of the bigger picture by finding where I can get what I need done since here might not be the place. We shall see.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Neo, You know who your friends are.
Good luck bud.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts