Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last week my move to Alaska was off to a rough start at the canadian entry in washington state. i was basically interrogated and threatened because of my tattoos and the fact that i had a CWP in my old state and because i had ammo for which i had no firearm. i have a 3 percent 1776 tattoo and a Molon Labe tattoo as well as many others and was questioned over and over for two plus hours on current and prior “extremist” and “gang” affiliations. to which i have none . my wallet was torn apart i was made to open my phone and they looked at texts and messaging, as well as made to strip down to look for other tattoos , for which i had to provide a meaning. i was forcefully reminded that i had no rights in either country while in the inspection area . i was genuinely scared for the first time in a long while . they tore all my meager belongings out as well as continuely asked about other firearms i owned and telling me over and over that they knew i had some hidden because as a CWP holder i couldnt feel safe without a handgun. it was mind blowing , as well as eye opening. i have never been so glad to get out of a place in my life . the US crossing in beaver creek was the most beautiful sight ive seen . i had one shotgun, for which i had downloaded the declaration form and three boxes of shells , three boxes of 30/30 and a box of 9mm . i hate to paint a blanket picture of anything , but screw canada . ill never set foot there again.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
I wasn't aware that Canada reopened their borders to us.
Netflix had a series on "Border Security: America's Front Line" and some of the crap people are subjected to is unreal. Some of the shit people try to get away with is also unreal. And yeah you are in no mans land. https://www.netflix.com/title/80107514

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't aware that Canada reopened their borders to us.
Netflix had a series on "Border Security: America's Front Line" and some of the crap people are subjected to is unreal. Some of the shit people try to get away with is also unreal. And yeah you are in no mans land. https://www.netflix.com/title/80107514
im considered critical infrastructure employee for state of Alaska , i had the required documentation as well as a lease agreement for cabin .

·
Resident PITA
15,961 Posts
My guesses are they're having trouble with trafficking and you fit the type. Could be something as simple as your choice of vehicle. Or your tats. Finding ammo didn't help. Either that or you really pissed someone off and they made a call.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,872 Posts
Yes, I agree @Northslope
The mounties, etc are just pawns for the royals. Royal Pedophiles is more like it. They are under extreme duress with the current attack on the Deep State. I'd fly or take a boat back to the lower 48 Pal...

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My guesses are they're having trouble with trafficking and you fit the type. Could be something as simple as your choice of vehicle. Or your tats. Finding ammo didn't help. Either that or you really pissed someone off and they made a call.
per their website , you can take up to 5k rounds of ammo across the border , there is no declaration form for ammo like their is for a firearm and i told them right off what i had and how much . they seemed particularly alarmwd by the tattoos . i had started getting indignant and that when they reminded me of having no rights there . eff em .

·
Registered
961 Posts
I used to cross the border a lot before Covid. The toughest time I had was getting back into the USA with my bison meat. She held me there for two hours. Cause she had looked up the woodland bison and not a plains bison. Even though my paperwork said plains. She wanted a form for importing a endangered animal on a Sunday afternoon. The USA game warden was not answering his phone. Finally the other guy said we have is address and phone number the warden can find him if there is a problem.

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Security cam pics of Northslope and the cAnadian.

·
Premium Member
9,189 Posts
Like @Fracman i used to cross the border anywhere from 1 to 3 times a week for work. Never had any trouble getting into Canada, although I did have a couple of times I had trouble getting back into the states.

Reactions: Rabidwookie

·
"The Veiled Male"
571 Posts
Goddess only knows what they'd think of my "Tramp Stamp"...
But good luck looking at my phone, if I even bothered to bring it.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts
Yah he's a Shady One
Well he DOES do things like talking on gun forums, reloading and shooting guns...probably some sort of extremist.
RED FLAGGGGGGGGGGG!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Too bad this country doesn't do that to most foreigners. Especially both bordering countries. Trudeau is a pole sucker.....really. That's certainly no surprise. Coincidentally, last night on Youtube learned that both countries had detailed invasion plans prior to WWI and WWII for strategic reasons. One of them being that Canada was Nazi leaning between wars. We should have just taken them but what do you do with that much snow and liberals? We should starve them. They need us more than we need them.

Other than that, I find Canadians very friendly people, less uptight, and easier to work with.

·
Premium Member
8,078 Posts
I haven't been in Canada since coming back with a friend. He lives in Rolla and he needed to run a repaired TV back to Canada to drop off. He took his beater car instead of the shop truck. Going in was no problem, coming back? US CBP literally took the car apart claiming we were smuggling drugs because we were only there for 45 minutes. They took the doors off, hood and trunk lid off, tires off the rims, gas tank out, ripped out interior panels...

Found nothing of course, then said get your car out of here. He reached into the glove compartment and tossed the title at them and told them you own it now, have fun putting it back together. It was a $100 junker he drove in winter instead of his restored Mustangs...

·
Premium Member
9,189 Posts

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
You know, if we invaded Canada and annexed Mexico, the rest of the world would have to stop saying we're appropriating the title of "America" and "Americans" since we're just the United States of America, and there's an entire North American continent...

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
9,189 Posts
You know, if we invaded Canada and annexed Mexico, the rest of the world would have to stop saying we're appropriating the title of "America" and "Americans" since we're just the United States of America, and there's an entire North American continent...
How come I am thinking of Gen'l Patton just now?

Reactions: histed
1 - 20 of 60 Posts