New 380 HP today!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by wes79, May 15, 2014.

1. wes79

wes79 Member

Iowa
    New here, so first off. My name is Wes, "IM A GUN ADDICT" It all started with a new JHP 45 and TS4595. Then I befriended gun store owner, bad thing. He gets a used .40 HP, looked to us like it had 5 rounds through it, ( the guy trading it, through in a box of Golden Sabers with 5 missing) said he didn't like the gun. Gun guy says to me "$150 and I'll throw in the ammo". OK I'm hooked. A month later, gun show, last day last hour, rough looking 995 $270 "No Way" "Make me an offer." " No, I don't want to offend you." "Give me $150 it's yours." "Well, OK!" 6 weeks have gone by I need a fix. Told my gun guy last Sat. get me 380 HP, got it to day. Shot 20 rounds, "flawless". But all my High Points are that way, got to love'em. Maybe a C9 next.

2. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan Member

I have owned several JHP .45 and C9s over the years but the .40S&W and .380ACP never appealed to me, especially with Hi Point firearms when a better caliber is available in the same frame size. But your addiction is just starting it seems but on the plus side it serves as protection as well as a good investment if you play it right.

I definately think you would like the C9 though. Many people complain about the size of Hi Points but the C9 is roughly the same size as a Glock 19 and other compact pistols. I occasionally carry it in my front pocket and never feel under armed.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I feel your pain!!!

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  4. Congrats and I also feel your pain and addiction :D

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I don't know what's wrong with you people. Why can't you all be happy with one or two Hi-Points? Damn obsessive nut jobs.

6. Hey at least the ATF hasn't come after my Hi Points yet lol:p

7. cicpup

Vermont
    They didn't come after them. They just wanted to see them.

8. ;) I know I remember the post, but you so far hold the prize for being extreme :p

9. Serously, that is crazy man.

10. cicpup

Vermont
    Actually it's perfectly logical and they were doing exactly what they should do.

11. Glad you spelled that out, I feel so much better knowing I'm not an 'obsessive nut job' since I've only got two Hi Points. I have several other guns but only two HPs so I'm good to go. I've got it so bad I even have a few pellet pistols and have my eye on a Webley Hurricane, as well as a Mosin Nagant, Kel-Tec PMR-30, Mossberg 464 SPX and a Henry to name a few at the top of my wish list.

12. wes79

wes79 Member

Iowa
    Well I only told you about the High Points. In the past 18 months to 2 years, kel tec p-11, Jemenez 380, Taurus 44 mag, Phoenix Arms Hp-22, 2 Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54, Colt AR. I think that's all, I'd have to look at my stash. The worst of it I reload for them all cept the 22. But I also reload,45 colt, 22-250, 357, 30-06, 300 win mag, I can get my hands on these guns.

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I had to STOP all that list stuff.
    I couldn't remember what was on the top or bottom or in the middle?
    Besides I was getting writers cramp!

14. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

LMFAO!! cicpup