New 4095 bolt handle wear

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Catmanran, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Catmanran

Catmanran Member

I just picked up a used, new in the box 4095ts. Right away the bolt handle started taking the finish off the receiver. Is this a normal thing?
    I got to shoot it today and like it a lot. I'll need to figure out an option for it, my old eyes blurred the rear sight.

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Last guy who had this problem installed his knob backwards. Got a pic?

3. colthrash

colthrash Member

some wear is normal, as long as it is not peeling the metal up. could you post a picture of it?

4. Catmanran

Catmanran Member

Exactly right the handles was installed backwards. I got it turned around but it can still contact the receiver. I only have two parts the knurled handle and the bolt. Is there another part to keep the knurled piece from floating on the bolt?
    Also I have two sling swivels where do they go?

Attached Files:

5. Catmanran

Catmanran Member

Bolt handle

Attached Files:

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    When I asked for a pic I meant how it was installed and the wear on the shroud. We already know what a bolt handle looks like.

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

If its new in box, how is it used?

The knurled part is supposed to float on the bolt.
    The swivels replace a bolt on the stock and the front uses a tab with a sling mount that fits under the side rail.

8. Catmanran

Catmanran Member

Sorry as soon as I saw it I knew it was wrong. Here's what it looks like after I turned it around. It was never fired delivered to me in box, bolt handle installed. No manual. Lock, wrench and two swivels like the picture all loose in box.

Attached Files:

9. talon

talon the banned wagon

Im guessing that's probably just scratched either from transport with the knob installed wrong or from whoever installed it for you racking the slide several times with the knob installed wrong.

10. Catmanran

Catmanran Member

I'm sure the marks were not there when I got it. When I got home I pulled the bolt back twice and had the scratches. Today at lunch I put 15 rounds through and had more scratches. That's what got me here looking for answers. It took you guys about 10 minutes to figure it out. The handle was jammed up in there riding right on the metal. Now it free floats in and out and spins on the mounting bolt. Thanks for the help! I may be back for more on them swivels

11. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

when I saw the first pic I thought really that's your handle:eek::eek:

12. Catmanran

Catmanran Member

That was my next question, whenever I carry my weapon on the sling all the shells are ejected. lol

13. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

You mean it's not?? I better change mine.... :rofl: