Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 4095 from a gun show, and when I took it out to the range, it jammed almost on every shot (using Winchester 165 grain fmj rounds). It started getting a little bit better towards the end of the shoot, so I am wondering if it is just some sort of "break in period". Another worry is the fact that my friend who owns the exact same carbine had his trigger lock up and barely got it working again. Did we get bad ones off the line, or did we walk into a rip off situation and buy a crap gun?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Just about all of the guns have a break in period, so you can expect some issues at first. What kind of jams are you experiencing? Failure to feed the cartridges into the chamber (rounds nosing down, or flipping up in the breech, etc.), stovepipes, spent casings not extracting, or what? That information might help us help you figure out the problem.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
how about up and down :shock: JK

I would keep shooting it and maybe try a diff brand of ammo... however it may just need to break in as was already mentioned :!:

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
load all the mags you have with 10 rounds and let them sit that way for a few days. try again. also try using a 180 gr round instead

·
Registered
772 Posts
My 4095 functions great with everything from 155 gr. to 180 gr. rounds. The first couple of hundred were fired with the 165 gr. FMJ and I also had some problems. Once past the 200 round count, no problems experienced with cast lead, JHP, or FMJ rounds of any weight. Give it some time, load the mags as stated above, and shoot the heck out of it. It will improve and be the greatest plinking/HD/SD rifle you have short of an AR or AK. Trust us. :lol: 8)

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
cab2312, it really would help to know what type of problem you were having.
It would make it easier to diagnose if it is a magazine problem or a gun problem.

Also, as condition1 said, keep the mags loaded for several days to break in the spring. This should help stop the rounds from nosing up. If it doesn't, you may need to tweak the feed lips just a tad.

·
1,792 Posts
cab2312, Hate to hear you had a bad time. I had a 4095 and From the word go That thing would spit out everything as long as I pulled the trigger.

Just out of curiosity???? Nopt to be rude or anything. BUT did you lube them up??? Also Is there any chance the firing pin is bent???

Again just some simple questions as you never know????????

Also a better discription of the problem would most likely help.

I cant help but wonder if you have some left over material in the reciever with the recoil spring????? I must admit the first thing I did was take mine apart and there was some Crud in there???

Have you taken it apart??? And if so Could that be the PROB??????? :shock: :p:)

ANy way. Good luck. these gents here will take care of you. IF not the The warranty sure will.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
another thing.....

Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for which ammo works best for this rifle?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Re: another thing.....

Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for which ammo works best for this rifle?
Well, I personally like the Winchester brands myself. The WWB works great for the break-in period & is cheap, it feeds well & I've had zero FTFire.

I've also fired some American Eagle, Magtech, Czech Mil-Surp(nasty stuff) & Remington of which the Remington gave me the most problems with feeding & ejection in my C9 & 995.

I keep my mags loaded with WWB FMJ & Winchester Ranger JHP +P+ 115gr as those have proven to be the most reliable feeding loads for me so far.

Oh, I also wanted to ask you if you are using factory magazines or those POS Pro-Mag magazines. The Pro-Mag mags can cause the jamming problem that you were having.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Put another 200 rounds throgh it and get back to me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been thinking about getting a 4095 and was wondering if my P99's favorite load (180gr Hydrashok) will work in the carbine. I'm also shooting WWB 180gr fmj rounds and I'm pretty sure that would shoot ok. I do think I may wait until the new stock comes out - unless the election in Nov. makes me buy one this year!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts