Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my AR15 I was advised to clean it before firing it the first time, and they were right, [email protected] packs em full of grease. Does Hi-point do the same? Still waiting for mine to arrive but wondering if I need to clean it before my first time at the range or if it's good to go out of the box.

·
No longer broke...
21,920 Posts
Run a patch through the barrel and you should be good to go.
HiPoints are not engineering marvels.
They’re more the (plastic) AK of the carbine world.
No I don’t have one but I do have a JHP.
Don’t be surprised if the sights are way off, they’re factory fired for functionality and not for accuracy.

·
Premium Member
21,488 Posts
My first carbine was a 4095. It was spot on. Never have adjusted the sights. You might remove the screws on the front sight one at a time and apply blue Loctite.

Like SwagZ said run a patch down the barrel. It may be really oily out of the box. The charging handle goes on the left. Resist the urge to do anything to the gun as far as mods. Lots of really bad info on youtube by Gooberbubbas that think they know something.

Don't cycle live ammo and piss and moan it isn't feeding right. Just take it out and shoot it. It requires a full to the rear yank of the charging handle. Don't ride or ease the bolt forward. Let it fly! The firing pin is part of the ejection system. It has been known to cause an out of battery BOOM. Eject a live round over a bed and keep your hand and face away from the ejection port.

The crew here will give you quick and solid info that you can count on.

Hi-Points can go 1000rds or more without cleaning.

These are a nice thing to have with the 4095. Don't be an idiot and piss and moan about it being sticky. Clean it. My shooting buddy refuses to take the plastic off the top. I run these on AR15's too. https://hi-pointfirearms.net/product/cheek-pad/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.