Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,948 Posts
Hey guys, thanks very much for all the help and advice you offered me yesterday. Thanks to you, I was finally able to figure out my problem. There was nothing wrong with my new carbine. It was all "operator error." You see, I'm an old Marine who spent years using the M14 and M16, but I've had no recent experience with more "modern" firearms. Well, this carbine functions a little differently than those weapons, so it took me a while to figure that out. I kept trying to lock the bolt open without having a magazine in the well, not realizing that the magazine is necessary to do that. Once I was tipped off to that, it made all the difference and everything else fell into place. All is well now. Thanks again.
See…that’s how guys that know things and do stuff deal with mistakes.
You learn, and you move on, at peace with the world.
Glad we helped you figure it out.👍

There are a few Marines here, and a few other branches too.

My first carbine was a 4095. I was waiting for my back ground check to come back. I screwed the charging handle into the right side. Couldn't get it to go all the way to the rear. It was hitting the dust cover...................the dealer told me, "wrong side."
Dang….and people say Marines are slow…🤣

·
Premium Member
26,360 Posts
Dang….and people say Marines are slow…🤣
Almost as bad as the guy who was a member here for a long time, but a pistol owner only until he bought his first carbine and was ready to ship it back to mom because his CH was scratching the shroud and hard to operate... because he installed it upside down... and didn't believe us until we posted pictures of it oriented the right way...

@Tu_S and for anyone who is a visual learner...

Installed properly this is how you mechanically lock back the action without an empty mag. The handle is supposed to roll and slide on the bolt...
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Musical instrument accessory Gun accessory

Wood Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Revolver

21 - 22 of 22 Posts