Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a .45 recently and was pleased to find out that this gun performed exceptionally well right out of the box. I was keeping 'em in a 4-5" circle from 54'. ( I actually got out the tape to see how far it was. ) I was quite impressed. I do have a question for anybody, though. If I install the Ghost Sight that comes with it, will that affect the accuracy significantly? Will I have to completely readjust the sight? Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the most part a ghost ring sight is to pick up the target quicker like in a CQB situation and generally not as accurate at longer distances.
Although it depends on the shooters ability to duplicate his sight picture. YMMV.
Also have been said to help old eyes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
put the ghost ring on mine but didn't really like it. can shoot just as good if not better with the regular sights. but others love it. do like i did and try both. hope you enjoy the .45. really like mine. 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, guys. I think I'll just stick with the regular sight. Getting better all the time - helluva lot of fun to shoot!

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
I liked the ghost ring on my .45... BUT:
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php/topic,15055.msg152766.html#msg152766

When i measured things-up it turns out the design is flawed, but Haskel sent me a whole new ramp group, but i've had it on the shelf till this morning. So actually I made my own early this morning... waiting to post pics & details cuz the jury is still out. Needa put some more lead in the air b4 i can decide to keep it or not.

I like the ghost ring cuz it's an easy way to grab a fairly decent sight picture even if your breathing hard or moving (for those non-range moments I suppose) it's a quicker target acquisition, imo. Also like the way it helps you visually align the front sight. But alas, the design makes it shoot low...

i'd encourage you to give it a try if ya don't mind goofing around w/sights a bit. Most talk i hear is peo either love em or hate em. User pref.

congrats on your purchase & 1st impression! :welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.