Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my new HP .45!!here in oklahoma,i got it for $225,it came with an extra magazine,and a case.I think i got a pretty fair deal.anyone have any suggestions for ammunition?i wont have time to get to a range to break it in until thursday,so any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Go ahead and load the clips up and let them sit. I use Remington in my model JH.

·
Registered
799 Posts
My JHP has had nuthin but WWB through it and runs like a top.
I never set my mags and they fired fine but alot of folks here swear by it.
You got a pretty good deal I paid 208.00 for mine out the door with an extra mag, no hard case, and the sales tax here in OK is a killer.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Wahoo for you! Let 'er rip! :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I paid $159 for my JHP, 400 rounds, no issues, and yes I set the mags for about a week before I got to shoot it.

P.S.
Welcome to the JHP club.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Ammo suggestion? Mine has eaten everything I've fed it. WWB, Blazer Brass, Magtech, and Remington. It will soon be fed a steady diet of "roll your own".

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
S_V,

I've ordered the 230g LRN, Tumble Lube mold from Lee. What mold do you use? How do you like it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
From West Texas:
I paid $255 for mine the other day. I'm up to 400 rounds in no time and no problems to report. So far i've run blazzer brass fmj, cor-bon jhp, remington, and winchester and they all fed and fired like champs. Mine also came with a nifty laser for the tac-rail. Didn't pre-squeeze the clip spring but it hasn't given me any trouble. Cleaned it for the first time today, and every thing is in good shape and no visible wear.

I'm pretty happy with my purchase.
Great truck gun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats! You'll love it! Use really anything. Mine is a maniac, she swollows anything! I like WWB and good ol' reloads that they sell at gun shows. Last wensday I went into a shooting orgy. 450 rounds! 100 pcs JHP. A couple of jams with them but not one whatsoever with the FMJ reloads and WWB.
There was a guy with two 9mm next to me. A Berreta and a S&W. The Berreta was ok, he let me shoot it, felt like bb gun after my .45, the poor S&W had a nine round mag but could only be loaded with seven, and even so it got in to these terrible jams that you had to restle with it to unjam it. I wish I had ammo to let this guy try her, but it was too late...
One of the range officers was so interested in my HP .45 I let him shoot a mag and he was really impressed. When I told him I had paid $179 for it and that it was US made he couldn't believe me and when I told him of the lifetime warranty regardless of ownership he was amazed! He complained about the weight, but I told him this is a man's gun, not for wuses...
I feel proud of my baby. She is beautiful like a boxer dog!
I cleaned her out last night. She was filty!
She's sleeping right now... when she wakes up, she;ll be a beast again!
You'll soon realize that your Hi-Point .45 is the best buy you've ever made!
Joe T

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I could only shoot 9 rds of Magtech in my .45 HP. It starting raining(crap). I never did have ANY problems with those 9 shots. However, I did leave the clip full for about 3 weeks. Every time I touch my HPs I just fall in LOVE more with these. :embarrassed2:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I gotta start reloading I feel like such a wannabe when you guys start taqlking about cast bullets I really need to clean out my shop so I have the room to start.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Thanks Corelogik, that's what I thought they were. I learn something NEW all the time on here!!! 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you everyone for your advice.im going to have an adventure finding the winchester target rounds(3 walmarts,and no luck)just hope i dont have to go to the bass pro shop here lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts