Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a brand new 4595 carbine, the charging handle cannot screw in. It looks like the bolt carrier is not threaded inside. Is this a common problem? Is it an easy fix, or would it be better if I just sent the gun back to have it fixed by hi point? They offered to send me a replacement bolt carrier but not sure how easy it would be to swap it out. I鈥檓 a newbie guys so give me a break just asking for any info. Mahalo馃馃従

Super Moderator
@Hawaiian78 If Hi-Point is willing to send you a new bolt carrier, I'd go for it. The carbine is actually very simple to break down and we can step you through the process. Welcome aboard!

Super Moderator
@Hawaiian78 there's a short YouTube video that shows how to take the carbine down to get to the bolt carrier.

Reactions: OldOutlaw

Super Moderator
at adam said. and
Dog Bulldog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog
welcome to the zoo. You bring treats?

Reactions: undeRGRound

Premium Member
Ask if they would pay for shipping back to the factory. That way it will be fixed right .

Premium Member
That鈥檚 not common. Never ever heard of it. Not sure how it鈥檚 possible...maybe they don鈥檛 test fire the carbines?

I鈥榙 be good for them sending me the part. But then, I鈥檇 also be good with cutting threads into the part in the gun, and keeping the other one as a spare.馃榾

Premium Member
Stupid question.................what side you trying to put the charging handle into? The right, or the left? My first I inserted it from the right.

Reactions: shaner

Premium Member
Stupid question.................what side you trying to put the charging handle into? The right, or the left? My first I inserted it from the right.
Which was silly...but it was still threaded, so that won鈥檛 help much here.

Reactions: undeRGRound

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Hawaiian78 If Hi-Point is willing to send you a new bolt carrier, I'd go for it. The carbine is actually very simple to break down and we can step you through the process. Welcome aboard!
Awesome thanks for the welcome! That video makes it look pretty easy I think I鈥檒l just need a hole punch and a rubber mallet I can remove the old carrier and insert the new one. I鈥檒l keep you guys updated

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ask if they would pay for shipping back to the factory. That way it will be fixed right .
I may..I talked to one of the technicians and he says it鈥檚 an easy fix..he told me if I don鈥檛 feel comfortable doing it I can send it back. But because of the holiday season it will take awhile for them to get it back to me.

Banned
I just got the 4595...the bolt itself is not threaded..there is an inset hex nut that the handle threads into on the opposite side...maybe you lost the nut trying to install the handle.
look in the box ..its shiny plated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts