New 4595 owner

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Drewz21, May 21, 2015.

1. Drewz21

Drewz21 Member

Picked up my first Hi-Point, a 4595TS about 4 weeks ago. This is also my first pistol carbine.

Gotta say, it is an amazing gun. I've put about 400 rounds through it so far and it is a lot of fun to shoot.

The outdoor range I'm a member of always has the rifle lanes full unless you get there right at opening so I've only shot it on the pistol range so far, about 15 yards at the longest. At that range, I'm hitting the steel about 95% of the time.

I've put several types of 230 grain FMJ through it and the Golden Saber 185 grain +P without a single FTE, FTF, or malfunction of any type.

Very impressive gun. The 995TS may be next on the list. :)

2. jetguy35

jetguy35 Member

Hey drewz. I'm right there with you. I just got my 4595TS about 2 weeks ago and went to the outdoor range and put 150 rounds of 230 grain FMJ through it. I was at 50 yards and was impressed by it. I think we got ourselves a pretty decent carbine! ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1432269201.138072.jpg

3. 0311

0311 Member

I've had mine for a year or so. Did some mods on it. Shoot it pretty regular. Has been absolutely flawless.

Some folks have commented on how it looks, & can't believe it's a Hi-Point. I always offer to let them shoot it, ( IF I have any ammo left !). The smile on their face when they pull that trigger is priceless.

Attached Files:

4. Drewz21

Drewz21 Member

Agree 311. I passed it around to 5 different folks at the range and they were all impressed with it. Surprisingly, no one comment on it being a Hi-Point, just that it was fun to use. One person commented on the charging handle being on the left side instead of the right.

My wife, who is a very accurate shooter, had some issues hitting the plates with this gun. It may be the peep sites.

5. 0311

0311 Member

I too have had folks ask about the charging handle being on the left side. Really, you hold the pistol grip in your right hand, makes sense to put the handle on the left. Guess it just feels awkward if you're not used to it.

I have an AK, & after shooting the Hi-Point for awhile, the handle seems out of place on the right side.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I'll bet a donut the 995 will be your favorite. I love all of mine. I am taking the 995 on vacation with me.

7. bassorbass

bassorbass Member

I just bought a 4595 yesterday and I'm quite impressed at the quality and finish for this low price. Can't wait to shoot it but I'm having hand surgery in a week so it'll be a while. :(

8. bassorbass

bassorbass Member

Being a right handed pistol shooter it seems logical and natural to have the charging handle on the left.

I see you're a King Crimson fan! :cool:

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Hoping that goes well for you. You should shoot it pre-surgery if you can :D

WELCOME to all the NEW CARBINE OWNERS!!!