New 4595... sort of..

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by RadioBob, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Well its new to me.. this morning I bought a new, used, 4595. The guy said he put 70 thru it, then started buildimg ARs and never touch the hi-point again. Its got the front fold down handle, shoulder strap, 2 mags and holders in the stock, which is the spring stock.that was nice, hardly any recoil because of those springs.. a very little bit of rust from sitting, but ill clean it up in the next few days.. only bad part, to get it on center target, the rear site is ALLL the way up and ALLLL the way to the left... but shes dead on center to 50ft...

now I need a bi-pod for her... and the key tool.. actually I need one of those tools for both my carbine and pistol..

its really cool to be at the range shooting 2 different guns BUT with the same mags.. one lady asked me what kind of guns i was shooting because she saw me swapping mags between the two..

of course I PROUDLY SAID HI-POINTS BABYYYYYY....

Now im the proud owner of two hi-points... next the .380....

2. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    What did that set you back?

And adjust your front sight.

3. $275, and he gave me a gun case, cheap bagish one, but still.. I figure with the extras about a $450 gun...

4. cicpup

Vermont
    Got a decent deal.

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Congrats on the new toy!

No, it's got very little recoil because it's a big old carbine with a pistol grip, shooting pistol caliber,low speed bullets.:p

Chances are, your front sight is canted, or leaning. Probably to the left, if I have it right in my head.

Loosen the set screws in the bottom of the sight base, you'll be able to rotate the thing to be straight. Then loosen the bolt holding the upper part of the sight to the base, and lower it down, and retighten.

Then you'll get to enjoy re-zeroing!

6. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, Cic and I told him the same thing in the other thread about this. He was worried about disturbing the awesome bottom rail along the barrel. We educated him though. :p

It did give me the idea to create a FO/RS sighting sticky with simple fixes to common HP sight-in problems.

7. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

8. "Awesome"??? Educated??? Im well edumacated, tyvm.....

9. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

You caynt beatz mah skewlin mihstur!!!

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's "awesome" because its a POS, as far as things go. It's easily moved, not strong, and yet people put lasers on them and gripe that they won't hold zero...:rolleyes:

First rule of education...when you think you know it all...you're wrong.;)

11. cicpup

Vermont
    It's where I hang my keys so I don't lose them.

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    See? Awesome!